The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Ralphe10

• Liked: 388 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hh
    • View Profile
Special attack
« on: November 03, 2014, 10:55:36 am »
The whip special attack fails way too often IMO.
Idk about the other items, but whip got my attention.

a broken clock still tells you the right time twice a day

Mary

Re: Special attack
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 12:13:02 pm »
It's a direct result of the combat update, overall accuracy has decreased ;)

It takes me alot longer to kill a dark beast with the same equipment (arguably even better now with bandos). :(

Moved to feedback
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 01:33:43 pm by Mary »

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 01:55:23 pm »
overall accuracy has decreased

This is bad, because of multiple reasons.

First of all, seeing multiple 0's being hit one after the other makes combat a lot less enjoyable.

Secondly, reduced accuracy, or boosted enemy defense, makes XP rates go down when fighting high-level monsters. This forces high-level players to fight low-level enemies if they want to train efficiently. Furthermore, all the high-levels training at low-level spots will steal the training areas of low- to mid-level players. So instead of reducing accuracy, buffing enemy HP should be considered, or the accuracy should simply be changed back.

Thirdly, combat levels. They exist for a reason! A level 90 enemy in place A might be much more powerful than in place B or vice versa. Most of the enemies in Emps are much more powerful than their combat level suggests. This doesn't really have anything to do with nerfed accuracy, but it is something that should be taken into account when future combat chances are being made.

Mary

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 01:59:06 pm »

First of all, seeing multiple 0's being hit one after the other makes combat a lot less enjoyable.

Secondly, reduced accuracy, or boosted enemy defense, makes XP rates go down when fighting high-level monsters. This forces high-level players to fight low-level enemies if they want to train efficiently. Furthermore, all the high-levels training at low-level spots will steal the training areas of low- to mid-level players. So instead of reducing accuracy, buffing enemy HP should be considered, or the accuracy should simply be changed back.

Thirdly, combat levels. They exist for a reason! A level 90 enemy in place A might be much more powerful than in place B or vice versa. Most of the enemies in Emps are much more powerful than their combat level suggests. This doesn't really have anything to do with nerfed accuracy, but it is something that should be taken into account when future combat chances are being made.
I fully agree

Offline Ralphe10

• Liked: 388 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 08:28:54 pm »
I am doing some slayer at the moment with as weapon my whip, and each special attack hits 0.

a broken clock still tells you the right time twice a day

Offline C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 08:31:39 pm »
Accuracy should be buffed imo, support!

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 08:43:55 pm »
I am doing some slayer at the moment with as weapon my whip, and each special attack hits 0.
A lot of special attacks have that problem atm, probably wont take long until it's fixed

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 06:08:04 pm »
Same with bandos godsword special, 20 specs used and 20 0's

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 06:10:17 pm »
I can confirm whip spec being totally broken. I went to Warriors Guild to get some defenders, and in the time I got defenders from bronze to rune, my whip's spec didn't hit a single time.

Offline Mohamedall

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 01:45:40 am »
Yes the whip speacial sucks but the whip itself also sucks i mean its worth 2 mill much more than dds. should be better i can kill a mith drag with a dds way faster than a whip and dont think its because the poison ive tried with normale dragon dagger and still faster

Offline Straw Hat

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
  • Fight Fire with Fire.....I mean with DFS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 03:41:32 am »
^might be true, but the hits are generally stronger with whip

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 07:22:46 am »
What about making Rare Whips more accurate? Instead of making them more powerful, the accuracy can be buffed a little? Only a suggestion...

I 100% agree with this.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 02:17:01 pm »
What about making Rare Whips more accurate? Instead of making them more powerful, the accuracy can be buffed a little? Only a suggestion...

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 07:06:03 pm »

Totally agree with giving that man cookie ^

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 10:18:22 pm »
Just be Hell Skyline and hit 50s on every spec you use.
But why would you ever even use whip ult... So many better alternatives.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15
Pages: 1