The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Snape grass
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2015, 07:23:20 pm »
Your arguments don't make any sense, how would adding Snape grass to Sea turtles change the price drastically?

More in game = more supply -> supply will eventually surpass demand -> prices drop
Drastically..

YOU used the ironmem as an argument. That is the reason why anyone here mentioned them in the first place. This suggestions, if implemented, would ruin moneymaking for the REGULAR players who like fishing. It would only benefit the 1% minority. If you are too lazy to fish, just buy the damn grass.
If I wouldn't have mentioned the word ''Ironmen'' you would've agreed, I'm 90% sure about that.

I'm only disagreeing on this because I think collecting snapegrass is easy enough for REGULAR accounts. Buying it is easy as well, I just trained a mil of herb XP with p pots during the weekend. It's the herbs that are hard to come by nowadays.
Almost every NPC drops Ranarrs + we have Farming? ???

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 07:25:41 pm »
Did I mention any specific herb?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:27:28 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Range 4 Meee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 07:30:25 pm »
I was litterly talking about Prayer potions the whole time, so don't start involving herbs like Toadflax or w/e.

Offline Big Chris

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 07:39:01 pm »
pretty sure otto is just a hater :kappa:

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 07:39:49 pm »
I was litterly talking about Prayer potions the whole time, so don't start involving herbs like Toadflax or w/e.

No matter which herb, it'll take longer to farm 100 herbs than fish 100 snapegrass.

EDIT: the change in price of snapegrass might be small for you, but it can be drastic for those who fish for money. Your bank is worth billions of GP, why are you even complaining about this?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:45:56 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Shoaib

• Liked: 93 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 12:14:16 am »
Why do you have to make it playing as an iron man even easier than it is? I mean, you guys want void, brawler gloves, then helm of neitiznot, just play regularly if you find it too hard?

I really like playing as an iron man, only because it is a challenge. Some people think it's fun to play as an iron man because it's about getting your own supplies and killing monsters for armour. That's not the entire deal, it's supposed to be harder than that.

Now, I do agree that it's fairly hard for iron man players to make prayer potions, and I love it. It is not mandatory to catch manta rays for snape grass, there is monsters to kill, and they are very easy to kill without the use of prayer:

Werewolf: Snape grass is a uncommon drop from this monster. This monster is found in Canifis near the bank. < Kill and bank for more food.

Dagannoth: 2x noted Snape grass is a common drop from this monster. This monster is easier to kill than a werewolf, you won't need to bank as much as you will be banking at Canifis killing werewolves.

Gorak: This is a strong monster which requires 78 slayer and drops only 1x snape grass, so this clearly is not a option for new iron man accounts.

^I've listed these monsters because what most iron man accounts start off doing is training combat / slayer, so it should be very easy to kill these for snape grass / prayer potions.

What I do and what is suggested to do is start off by training fishing to 90 (mantas) / 99.

Why? Because at some point playing as an iron man you will run out of food and you'll have to train fishing for more food. You won't be able to use Grand Exchange like the regular players.

Now for the regular players

Most regular player's goal is achieve max total level. Fishing will be a part of the goal, meaning people do train this skill. And when they do, most of them sell the snape grass for money and that's how snape grass get ingame.

Catching mantas and picking snape grass is a great deal for earning money for low level / new players. If we add more methods of getting snape grass, it clearly won't be a good way for earning money as more items get ingame > the lower the price gets.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 12:26:46 am by Shoaib »
The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Icecloud

• Liked: 85 times
  • +0/-0
  • Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 01:22:43 am »
The argument for snape grass being easier to obtain is kinda silly.

Playing on an iron man is so easy. You're gonna need the best food in the game to actually play on an iron man and do things like bossing. You're gonna get 85 fishing eventually if you actually wanna play as an iron man so I don't get all the arguing about Iron men needing snape grass.

And just because Snape Grass is used in low level potions doesn't mean it should be easy to obtain. Even though it kind of is since some really weak monsters drop it.
Style
The following users liked this post: Someone12116

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 01:38:32 am »
Why do you have to make it playing as an iron man even easier than it is? I mean, you guys want void, brawler gloves, then helm of neitiznot, just play regularly if you find it too hard?

I really like playing as an iron man, only because it is a challenge. Some people think it's fun to play as an iron man because it's about getting your own supplies and killing monsters for armour. That's not the entire deal, it's supposed to be harder than that.

Now, I do agree that it's fairly hard for iron man players to make prayer potions, and I love it. It is not mandatory to catch manta rays for snape grass, there is monsters to kill, and they are very easy to kill without the use of prayer:

Werewolf: Snape grass is a uncommon drop from this monster. This monster is found in Canifis near the bank. < Kill and bank for more food.

Dagannoth: 2x noted Snape grass is a common drop from this monster. This monster is easier to kill than a werewolf, you won't need to bank as much as you will be banking at Canifis killing werewolves.

Gorak: This is a strong monster which requires 78 slayer and drops only 1x snape grass, so this clearly is not a option for new iron man accounts.

^I've listed these monsters because what most iron man accounts start off doing is training combat / slayer, so it should be very easy to kill these for snape grass / prayer potions.

What I do and what is suggested to do is start off by training fishing to 90 (mantas) / 99.

Why? Because at some point playing as an iron man you will run out of food and you'll have to train fishing for more food. You won't be able to use Grand Exchange like the regular players.

Now for the regular players

Most regular player's goal is achieve max total level. Fishing will be a part of the goal, meaning people do train this skill. And when they do, most of them sell the snape grass for money and that's how snape grass get ingame.

Catching mantas and picking snape grass is a great deal for earning money for low level / new players. If we add more methods of getting snape grass, it clearly won't be a good way for earning money as more items get ingame > the lower the price gets.

Amen and /thread. Finally people with common sense.

Offline Range 4 Meee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 08:08:04 am »
@Shoaib, I know it's mandatory to catch Mantas to obtain Snape grass. Trust me I have tried killing the NPCs, however my luck is terrible there. I have killed a good amount of Dagannoths and so far I have just received 12 Snape grass, eventhough it is a common drop. (During that progress I received 1x Bezerker helm, 1x Warriors helm and 3x Archers helm, these are very rare drops.
What I'm trying to say is that these are not efficient methods.

@Icecloud, my arguments make more sense than the arguments people are giving who are against the change.

They just don't want it and basicly the only argument is that the price would drop.
Why would I need mantas to play the game? I'm sure I can manage killing slayer monsters without mantas (esp. since slayer monsters won't hit through Prayers at all) but trust me the 2 extra hitpoints that the Mantas give isn't mandatory.

For your last argument read my reply with Mining & Smithing in it, it's not worth it to quote it for you.

Offline 3st Ranger X

• Liked: 236 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 08:54:42 am »
@Shoaib, like Tim said about Daggas. I think i've gotten like 10ish helms in total, and maybe around 30-40 snape grasses in total.
And i really dont understand why the hell are you crying if the price goes bit lower? It's not like every piece of armour is dirt cheap now. Soon skilling supplies will cost more than the best damn armour in the game.

Offline Shoaib

• Liked: 93 times
  • +0/-0
  • Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2015, 09:31:48 am »
@Shoaib, I know it's mandatory to catch Mantas to obtain Snape grass. Trust me I have tried killing the NPCs, however my luck is terrible there. I have killed a good amount of Dagannoths and so far I have just received 12 Snape grass, eventhough it is a common drop. (During that progress I received 1x Bezerker helm, 1x Warriors helm and 3x Archers helm, these are very rare drops.
What I'm trying to say is that these are not efficient methods.

@Icecloud, my arguments make more sense than the arguments people are giving who are against the change.

They just don't want it and basicly the only argument is that the price would drop.
Why would I need mantas to play the game? I'm sure I can manage killing slayer monsters without mantas (esp. since slayer monsters won't hit through Prayers at all) but trust me the 2 extra hitpoints that the Mantas give isn't mandatory.

For your last argument read my reply with Mining & Smithing in it, it's not worth it to quote it for you.
@Tim, like I said said earlier, you will be training Fishing anyway for food to kill monsters. After you're done training Slayer and wish to kill bosses, you won't last for long using monkfishes and sharks, I can guaruntee you that. In fact you will bank so often that you will run out of food in no time. And then you will need more food, so why not just get 85 fishing asap and get snape grasses in the same time? It takes a day to get 85 fishing if you train efficiently.

Prayer potions play a very important role in PvMing, especially for iron man players. They are not supposed to be easy to get, it plays a big role when playing as an iron man to collect prayer potions, however if the snape grass was easily obtained, would pvming really be a big deal for iron man players?

You mentioned that the only arguement I have is price crashing. Well, everything in Emps is already so easy that it is actually starting to get alike other runescape private servers nowadays. Why can't it be hard to gather supplies like prayer potions in order to PvM? I've quit playing as an main and started playing as an iron man for a reason, Tim.

I don't understand how you guys can enjoy the gameplay right now, it's so easy! Especially for you Tim, you're a maxed player with unlimited cash, how can you suggest the gameplay to be even more easier?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:48:49 am by Shoaib »

Offline Apoc

• Liked: 19 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2015, 09:52:24 am »
If people want the grass badly enough, they will get the grass.
Fishing manta's on 4 accounts at once isn't hard lol
Long live Emps.
Started playing 2009

Offline Range 4 Meee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2015, 10:46:04 am »
Eventhough I still don't really see the problem with them being added to Sea Turtles, I do see people don't want this. It isn't a personal issue for me, I do hate Fishing though, I'd rather spend my time in-game on something fun rather than Fishing.. But I know I'll manage if I want to. The reason for my suggestion was mainly because it just didn't make sense.

I don't understand how you guys can enjoy the gameplay right now, it's so easy! Especially for you Tim, you're a maxed player with unlimited cash, how can you suggest the gameplay to be even more easier?
I know, that is why I don't like to actually play anymore. At first my goal was to get high experiences on my main, but I got bored of it. At the moment I do nothing on my main and it's getting boring as hell. Hence my activity has gone down.

Offline Skelon

• Liked: 80 times
  • +0/-0
  • Geronimo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2015, 11:26:35 am »
This has been blown way out of proportion, I dont see anything wrong with them being added to sea turtles its not going to drastically change the prices people still wont be bothered to fish apart from the usuals so they stay the same price especially with the fact that people need p pots badly in this game
Need Any Help PM me, or Catch me Ingame

Offline Rockmanexe

• Liked: 21 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2015, 12:22:31 pm »
And when I suggested this the only feedback was "don't make an ironman then"

Agreed.

What's the point of accepting the challenge of being Ironman account if all you're going to do is cry how hard it is? It only proves that you clearly aren't dedicated enough to take up the challenge. It isn't for everyone.

B0aty grinded 2 months, 2 GODDAMN MONTHS, for his Amulet of Fury in RS, yet you can't take a couple of days of fishing.
you can get 99 in 1 day i did 8) #nolife

thanks so much fate-kun
Pages: 1 2 3 4