The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Player Chosen Updates - Discussion
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 11:31:18 am »
Pyramid Plunder would be a nice addition to the skill and minigame selection I guess. Being able to pay Leprechaun to take care of your herbs/trees so you dont have to run there every grow cycle would be a nice option actually.

Idk about runecrafting tbh. If it was to be changed straight up increase to XP would do it but honestly maybe the biggest problem is Abyss teleport?
If abyss teleport was removed and replaced with something else XP gained through abyss could be increased by a LOT because you would have to run through early levels of wilderness to Zamorak Mage all the way from Edgeville. Training runecrafting through Abyss then could be much more faster compared to safe way using talismans.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:37:46 am by Jp »
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 12:18:34 pm »
Pyramid Plunder would be a nice addition to the skill and minigame selection I guess. Being able to pay Leprechaun to take care of your herbs/trees so you dont have to run there every grow cycle would be a nice option actually.

Idk about runecrafting tbh. If it was to be changed straight up increase to XP would do it but honestly maybe the biggest problem is Abyss teleport?
If abyss teleport was removed and replaced with something else XP gained through abyss could be increased by a LOT because you would have to run through early levels of wilderness to Zamorak Mage all the way from Edgeville. Training runecrafting through Abyss then could be much more faster compared to safe way using talismans.

Back in the days, I trained with glorys while I was cb 3, it was a mark being wealthy skiller to have 99 rc. Now it's more skiller friendly and I like it though exp rates are bit off imho. I had collected almost 1k glory ammys to train rc.

With talismans, it is way easier and without any risk. Therefore I don't really see what is there to complain about runecrafting, surely it takes much more essence than it used to, still, it is an enjoyable skill. Also it's major improvement from runescape, there it's total cancer.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:24:32 pm by Skill0wzer »
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 09:12:22 pm »
Too many things need to be changed to make this game interesting again. Unfortunately this will never happen...

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 11:22:10 pm »
Too many things need to be changed to make this game interesting again. Unfortunately this will never happen...
Not with that attitude it won't.
;
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer

Offline Skill0wzer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 02:35:08 am »

Very raw statement, you should be ashamed.
King of Empsland

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2017, 05:46:01 am »

Very raw statement, you should be ashamed.

Why should I be ashamed of myself?

I know Thomy would never go that far to change or even remove things he has spent too much time on. He had the chance to do the first step 2 years ago which would have fixed the economy problems by alot. Instead more lackluster content and items were added from time to time and this stacked up to a point where I do not see a solution for it anymore.

It was a miracle that Thomy changed CW "back" to EW. And for someone like Thomy it was not because he wanted to do it. It was more kind of a desperation move, which led to absolutely nothing because it was implemented way too late.

Same goes for the constant drop in amount of players over the last years. There is your proof that all the updates done in the last years did not help regarding playerbase at all (the only exception was Ironman Mode, which I still believe was the only good update since I quit the game). Sure people get older and lose interest in the game, but making it the only excuse is not only sad, it is dumb in the first place. Thomy even stated that there are 400 unique logins everyday and that new players get to play the game and yet there is this low amount of players? Did you guys never think about that this game is just boring and not binding anymore? Sure, you can put the blame on the upcoming summer when even less players will play and think that all updates that have been done were the absolute right thing while I take my unicorn for a walk.

It has always been the same pattern. A new update gets added. The same people agree who probably even suggested the update in the first place (most of them reply before they even check the new update ing). Staff Team agrees with everything that is posted by Thomy in general. Thomy gets his confirmation by the "community". Sleep. Repeat. Of course you guys feel personally attacked when I say your updates/ideas were shit. But this also shows that you guys cannot take any criticism and who am I to criticize this awesome community.

It is true I have my history with Thomy and we did not get along all the time, but unlike other people I only cared for the players and the well-being of the server.

The following users liked this post: Zudikas95187

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2017, 12:22:04 pm »
Oh boy here we go.

I know Thomy would never go that far to change or even remove things he has spent too much time on. He had the chance to do the first step 2 years ago which would have fixed the economy problems by alot. Instead more lackluster content and items were added from time to time and this stacked up to a point where I do not see a solution for it anymore.
What's this magical step that could fix the entire economy? If a solution exists it does not disappear because lackluster content got added, that would just delay it a bit, which really isn't something that prevents it from being solved. I find your lack of faith disturbing.

It was a miracle that Thomy changed CW "back" to EW. And for someone like Thomy it was not because he wanted to do it. It was more kind of a desperation move, which led to absolutely nothing because it was implemented way too late.
Given your perspective it does make sense that you think that way.

Same goes for the constant drop in amount of players over the last years. There is your proof that all the updates done in the last years did not help regarding playerbase at all (the only exception was Ironman Mode, which I still believe was the only good update since I quit the game). Sure people get older and lose interest in the game, but making it the only excuse is not only sad, it is dumb in the first place. Thomy even stated that there are 400 unique logins everyday and that new players get to play the game and yet there is this low amount of players? Did you guys never think about that this game is just boring and not binding anymore? Sure, you can put the blame on the upcoming summer when even less players will play and think that all updates that have been done were the absolute right thing while I take my unicorn for a walk.
It hasn't been constant. Just looking at a decrease in playercount and taking it as proof that updates are bad is a confirmation bias.

It has always been the same pattern. A new update gets added. The same people agree who probably even suggested the update in the first place (most of them reply before they even check the new update ing).
So where are your good quality feedback posts? You know, ones fueled by logic and reasoning rather than whatever this is fueled by.

Staff Team agrees with everything that is posted by Thomy in general. Thomy gets his confirmation by the "community". Sleep. Repeat. Of course you guys feel personally attacked when I say your updates/ideas were shit. But this also shows that you guys cannot take any criticism and who am I to criticize this awesome community.
We don't get to press a yes/no button before something is implemented, we have very little influence when it comes to the decisions that are being made. The statement that the staff team just agrees with everything comes off as ignorant to me. I've posted more than a few feedback topics that do quite the opposite.

The last bit of this part is a straw man. I do feel personally attacked if you're saying I never disagree with something Thomy does because it's not true. It's not too difficult to find in the feedback section and I wouldn't mind pointing you towards some topics/posts if you've got trouble finding them. There may be other staff members that don't post feedback, but given that they have no obligation to do so I wouldn't say that's a bad thing.

It is true I have my history with Thomy and we did not get along all the time, but unlike other people I only cared for the players and the well-being of the server.
The only thing you're displaying right now is a lack of faith. If you no longer care then I question why you're still around. If you do still care I question why you're not picking up a pen and making a difference.
;
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Skill0wzer, Hi Im Ethan, S Clegane

Offline Skill0wzer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2017, 12:30:32 pm »

I wouldn't say economy is ruined, sure there are a lot of stones, furys, dragon boots in the game and lack of sink for them but economy is quite stable, I don't see why you complain about it, you can make money easily also spend it very easily. Also you keep saying there is no solution, why wouldn't you stop complaining and make suggestion so he could improve maybe? Constantly complaining is not going to get us anywhere.

It was most certainly not desperate move by him, he made a relevant topic to hear community's voice and it came back that we want old EW instead of CW, listening community is not desperate...

Elder people do lose interest in the game, imho updates make game way better because they are mostly community driven and taken from suggestion thread. Playerbase is stable and it has been like this for quite some time now, obviously, we don't have 600 active players online anymore, but 400 unique logins a day is already a good sign that it's actually increasing not decreasing. Do not forget it is a private server, after the release of OSRS many players quit rsps. Summer is coming, of course, people are not spending that much time on computers, why would they? That statement from you is extremely stupid. I do not understand what you have against updates? If everything is wrong, why are you still here?

It has always been the same pattern. A new update gets added. The same people agree who probably even suggested the update in the first place (most of them reply before they even check the new update ing). Staff Team agrees with everything that is posted by Thomy in general. Thomy gets his confirmation by the "community". Sleep. Repeat. Of course you guys feel personally attacked when I say your updates/ideas were shit. But this also shows that you guys cannot take any criticism and who am I to criticize this awesome community.

Your IQ dropped by 20 points just by saying this.

Do you now? I don't see any suggestions, I only see complaints, not a single good post just crying, if you correct your statements and actually suggest something we could do then maybe we can respect you, but from now on if you keep complaining about server and not doing anything about it, you are just a little kid who got model truck for his birthday.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 02:02:03 pm by Skill0wzer »
King of Empsland

Offline Crusher123

• Liked: 428 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2017, 12:26:16 am »
Sooo... what would you like to see in the game? What do you think that new/old players dislike about the game? What features would you add and what thing would you change?

Just remaining you of this thread here which has tons of great suggestions that would be nice to be added to the game.

https://emps-world.net/forum/index.php?topic=11019.0
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Il Skill L, S Clegane

Offline Chrisw34

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2017, 04:06:14 am »
Personally part of my nostalgia for RS was completing quests and exploring the lore (gods, barrows, exploration of 3rd age, etc )  there are some great stories built around this game. Plus the quest requirements for certain gear added a sense of progression and achievement when complete.

I'm willing to help with writing the quests - my coding is really rusty though.
The following users liked this post: Jhonson

Offline Jhonson

• Liked: 354 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 05:06:42 am »
Personally part of my nostalgia for RS was completing quests and exploring the lore (gods, barrows, exploration of 3rd age, etc )  there are some great stories built around this game. Plus the quest requirements for certain gear added a sense of progression and achievement when completed.
This, I would love to see more quests added to the game. Just like Chris, quests were something that I looked forward to completing back in RS. It made the game really enjoyable, and I would love to see serious effort into implementing quests in-game. I would also love to see quest requirements added to future armor/weapons/dungeon
implementations. Unfortunately I have no knowledge on coding and all that good stuff and won't be able to assist you, I just wanted to share my thoughts :)

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 09:16:00 am »
I would also love to see quest requirements added to future armor/weapons/dungeon
I think that adding any new quests without those requirements you mentioned would be pointless. Our first quest takes like 4minutes to complete and it hardly serves a purpose. So I have to agree with you on that part.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
Pages: 1 2