The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New Player Experience - Discussion
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2017, 10:46:10 am »
Otto reminded me a few days ago that back in emps-scape to run 2 worlds we needed atleast 600 players. Right now we have 1/5 of that and our map has gone pretty much twice the size as it was back then. World 2 is averaging ~5 players online which is just silly. Not a single place in this game is crowded enough for 2 worlds to make sense right now. Not even doing a boss as bosses are in multi zones which would create a healthy challenge between players. Having players together in 1 world would also make the game look tiny bit more active and crowded which might create more interest in new players.
While this is all fine and dandy having w2 there in case someone decides to do the same thing as you're doing is fucking great. It prevents a lot of frustration. It wouldn't be very much of a competition if someone in full void comes to KBD while you're in rune, it would be frustrating for that guy in rune. It may not be used constantly and it may not be used by everyone, but given that it prevents frustration I think it's a good thing to have.

If it was a financial issue I think it would've been closed a long time ago.
;
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Freestuffyay

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2017, 11:33:09 am »
It costs absolutely nothing to run world 2... In fact, our server's load is at 20-30%, there's a lot of capacity for future players and worlds. ;)

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2017, 12:05:43 pm »
It wasn't the financial factor that i was speaking of. It simply doesn't make sense if we average ~5 players in a world. Our map is already too spread out and world 2 basically doubles it
About guys in rune killing KBD - I would rather see competition for kbd drops rather than make it available for everyone. KBD is still 1 of 1(in each world as of now) therefore it is considered a boss which makes it suppose to be a high-end content. Why should i even grind for full void when you lose all the competition and make bosses killable in as low-end content that is runite armour..

You guys are focusing too much on the frustration of people. It's not like every player in this game is autistic and gets mad when somebody joins them killing a boss lmao. Competition is normal and people are fine with it and that makes them grind for better levels themselves.

In fact, our server's load is at 20-30%, there's a lot of capacity for future players and worlds. ;)
Also not the point i was trying to make. If we somehow got 50k players im sure you would find a way to get the capacity for that too. Just because it would make sense and possibly bring in money from donations. Right now we average about 100 players which is even too little for the first world. Therefore in my eyes it would only make sense to continue with 1 world.

And as we discussed with Charr and Otto in shoutbox a few days back, two worlds brings more supplies into the game that are left unused because of our low player count as of now. There are players who have 600k+ coals in their banks.. which is insane. Im not saying that the amount of supplies in the game comes straight from having 2 worlds but that's one of many reasons.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:11:09 pm by Il Skill L »

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2017, 01:35:36 pm »
Well if we only had one world and something I wanted to do wouldn't be possible because of a lot of other players I would just logout and play something else

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2017, 01:40:05 pm »
Well if we only had one world and something I wanted to do wouldn't be possible because of a lot of other players I would just logout and play something else
Name me one thing that is so overpopulated right now that you couldn't possibly do it at any given time.

Offline Freestuffyay

• +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2017, 02:41:37 pm »
Name me one thing that is so overpopulated right now that you couldn't possibly do it at any given time.
Nothing because we have two worlds :LUL:

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2017, 02:52:42 pm »

And you still arent playing. You would have to log in first to log out :LUL:

Offline Freestuffyay

• +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2017, 03:27:35 pm »

And you still arent playing. You would have to log in first to log out :LUL:
I have actually played a couple of hours in the past few days 8)

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2017, 05:25:55 pm »
  • Emps-Wars and the Jad minigame. I could re-create those as featured minigame modes? So every now and then, Castle-Wars will turn into Emps-Wars and the Fight pits into the Jad minigame.

Thanks so far! :)

and this took you over 2 years to realize what has to be done?

Having you this kind of mindset makes me wonder, if emps is in a healthy state.

But I think that it is too late for these kind of changes unless you wipe out atleast... well nvm. it's too late.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2017, 06:04:01 pm »
Why not start a poll about having 2 worlds ? :/

like if the majority of the players wants to use 1 world instead of 2, I don't see a reason why it can't be done tbh
with that you can also start a discussion topic about it so you see why it should or shouldn't removed.

for me I've suggested closing it many times already as spreading our 100 online players between 2 worlds is just not a great idea

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Freestuffyay

• +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2017, 07:47:37 am »

like if the majority of the players wants to use 1 world instead of 2, I don't see a reason why it can't be done tbh
with that you can also start a discussion topic about it so you see why it should or shouldn't removed.

for me I've suggested closing it many times already as spreading our 100 online players between 2 worlds is just not a great idea
Forcing people to play on one world and deal with other players if they don't want to doesn't offer fun gameplay

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Il Skill L

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2017, 07:53:34 am »
There already is a live poll running and right now it reads:

Edit: 44 to 5
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:13:54 pm by Il Skill L »

The following users liked this post: Ameer, S Clegane

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2017, 09:19:47 am »

Forcing people to play on one world and deal with other players if they don't want to doesn't offer fun gameplay

Makes so much sense to play a multiplayer online game and complain about other players.
The following users liked this post: Il Skill L

Offline Crusher123

• Liked: 428 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2017, 12:06:14 am »
There already is a live poll running and right now it reads:

Edit: 44 to 5

Seems like w2 is leading?
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Il Skill L, S Clegane