The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Ahrim Ghost

• Liked: 54 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf Veracs Please.
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 12:29:19 am »
As i love veracs how it is, I agree.

Veracs are way too overpowered...I tried using it at corp and i managed to pull out a divine sigil solo.

It just doesnt make sense, Bandos should be buffed again.
The attack is pretty slow

Fastest 2-handed weapon in Emps. That combined with the high as hell accuracy is what makes Veracs too good.
Accuracy? Before accuracy you need luck. If you're not lucky to hit, you going to complain and that's a fact. What if you hit 0's consistently? Like I said you need luck to hit, not accuracy IMO.

Umm no actually... You need accuracy to hit... Your "luck" as you call it, is dependant on your weapons accuracy... Think about it this way if I went to Corp and tried to box him out, I'd be hitting 0's consistently. If I took Veracs there, I'd be hitting roughly 1/5 hits. That's not because I got lucky all of a sudden. It's because my characters accuracy just went up by a lot.

Also with max gear as I stated in this topic I can't solo Corp in 1 trip usually unless I'm lucky. I tried soloing Corp with Veracs yesterday and I was doing 2 Corp kills/trip. That's not over powered you say?
VENI, VIDI, VICI

Ex Moderator

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 12:51:27 am »

Veracs are way too overpowered...I tried using it at corp and i managed to pull out a divine sigil solo.

Fastest 2-handed weapon in Emps.
wat, u noob. claws are faster

Offline Loosenater

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hopsin <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 07:07:02 am »

Fastest 2-handed weapon in Emps. That combined with the high as hell accuracy is what makes Veracs too good.
Accuracy? Before accuracy you need luck. If you're not lucky to hit, you going to complain and that's a fact. What if you hit 0's consistently? Like I said you need luck to hit, not accuracy IMO.

Wait, what? Are you saying that you need to be "lucky" to hit? Wait wait let me get this straight, so if you hit constant 0's forever it's normal? So you can only hit something if you're lucky? You need high accuracy stats. This topic is stating that Veracs has a much higher accuracy bonus than maxed gear such as Bandos, Statius or Vesta. You don't need "luck" to hit, you just need gear. So you're trying to state that it's not the gear you're wearing? Damn, I must be really unlucky whenever I go PvMing with Bandos considering I don't hit anything, and every Veracs player I see must be extremely lucky considering they constantly hit. Hits are accuracy based, not "luck" based.
Ex-Mod

#quit

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 01:09:48 pm »

Luck is not a thing here, Veracs set gives way too much accuracy.

Bandos used to be the best armor in all time, Veracs was used before for Kalphite queen ONLY so far i know.

If you say that you need to be lucky enough to hit, then you must be speaking about Zamorakian spear, All though this spear has no good accuracy AT all, but hits really high and very good for pking endings.

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 04:18:24 pm »

Compared whip and veracs: veracs will hit more often in the long run, despite your luck.

Offline Il Pk I

• Liked: 373 times
  • +0/-0
  • I'm a Timelord, allons-y!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 04:29:45 pm »
If anything bandos should be buffed, it's god damn awful for what it is, to my understanding it is meant to be the best PvM armour (this might have changed).

When I was killing corporeal beast with Kane, George and Marek we all had full bandos and we still did not get drops, this person in full verac got the drop multiple times (this was not luck).

Quote from: Deandam7
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: mario was at his mothers murder as an adult ???
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wat?
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: wait
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i said mario
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: LOLM8
Deandam7 [17|Feb 11:11 pm]: i mean barry

Offline Lt Range99

• Liked: 7 times
  • +0/-0
  • --》Click here to see password《--
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 05:41:38 pm »
Reading and laughing.

Ok you wanted nerf verac, or kinda buff ancient stuff. But wait, what??? Ancient armours are PvP armours, not PvM. You're not supposed to get loots via PvP armours in every kill.
Verac's are fine, same about ancient armours. Maybe I agree about bandos (but just a little buff)...

Anyways whatever you talk about accuracy:
Everyone at corp can say that ranged gear is pointless to get loots, but when there are 5-6guys killing corp with bandos, verac's, statius, and I'm killing corp with arma set and zbow- I still get loots easy. So it's based on luck like staking, not only accuracy.

Hard to say something, I'm bad at english.

Offline Superkettu1

• Liked: 13 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 09:05:40 pm »

If Verac is nerf, how're we going to solo him? I'm a solo type and I usually solo during my PvM. I have to again, disagree. Verac is fine as it is. The attack is pretty slow and hits is okay to me.
I never hit a 60 with verac brew + prayer at all either so I think its fine. If Verac is nerf, how're we going to solo bosses? With Bandos? With Verac but have to run back to bank and come back? (The boss hp will generate to half or even 3/4 already). That'll make it no fun. If you think its not fair, then use verac against verac and see if luck's on your side or not.

actually u can solo it with other gear too :P i even soloed one with 3rd age set and anger spear

Offline Ashootsh

• Liked: 193 times
  • +0/-0
  • Veteran player 2007-2023
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 09:06:04 am »
Reading and laughing.

Ok you wanted nerf verac, or kinda buff ancient stuff. But wait, what??? Ancient armours are PvP armours, not PvM. You're not supposed to get loots via PvP armours in every kill.
Verac's are fine, same about ancient armours. Maybe I agree about bandos (but just a little buff)...

Anyways whatever you talk about accuracy:
Everyone at corp can say that ranged gear is pointless to get loots, but when there are 5-6guys killing corp with bandos, verac's, statius, and I'm killing corp with arma set and zbow- I still get loots easy. So it's based on luck like staking, not only accuracy.

Hard to say something, I'm bad at english.
Compare the armor to bandos

You need 70 defence for veracs
You need 75 defence for bandos

and why would you be laughing about it? Veracs is overpowered indeed, it has to be nerfed abit and buff bandos..

I'm usually not as active here, but my discord is ashootsh. Hit me up if you wanna talk :)
I'm here from now & then.. don't worry

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 12:45:02 pm »
This reply isn't about Veracs but about PvP armours.

Hence the boldness, they are strictly good for PvP. You are paying that amount amount of money for them for their PvP efficiency. I am becoming more and more stressed over people wanting these armours buffed because of them not being very effective in PvM. If you want to PvM at the highest potential, buy a PvM efficient armour set.

I said I wasn't going to talk about Veracs, but I will express my opinion briefly...

Veracs is a strong armour,  undoubtedly. It wouldn't bother me if it was nerfed or not but with its strength and PvM efficiency, the obtain-rate of it within the Barrows Minigame should be decreased, rather than it being nerfed. If this were the case, it would be a lot more appropriate to buy for the price it is currently, if not more.

I will expand on this if need be...

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2015, 07:51:21 pm »
It has been done.

Also verac's accuracy was nerfed. And the set's special effect was changed, you no longer ignore your opponents armour. Instead you have a 50% chance to ignore your opponents melee prayer.

Offline Range 4 Meee

• Liked: 441 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2015, 08:15:00 pm »
It has been done.

Also verac's accuracy was nerfed. And the set's special effect was changed, you no longer ignore your opponents armour. Instead you have a 50% chance to ignore your opponents melee prayer.
As Otto said, it has been done.

Locked.

Emps-World Moderator since January 21th, 2015
Emps-World Administrator since March 15th, 2015
Resigned since June 1st, 2015
Pages: 1 2