The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Imbued rings
« on: April 23, 2017, 10:35:31 am »
With the recent update to imbued rings I suppose I'll finally make a feedback topic on them. While the additional charges certainly are going to make them more usable, I still don't think they will be used all that much in PvM.

Charges
All the rings now have 15k charges. This is the same amount as a chaotic weapon and it's an amount that will last you for about 12-20 slayer tasks depending on what you get. Unlike chaotics however, the 'repairs' for an inbued ring are by no means cheap. Scrolls are expensive, I do predict they'll go down a bit since DKs are now a slayer task but still.

I propose the ability to add more rings onto your imbued ring to increase the amount of charges. 5000 should be enough. Gargoyles should not be touched.

Warrior ring
The identity of both this ring is quite unclear to me. Warrior ring is a hybrid ring, but after you imbue it it's focussed much more towards melee. Given that it's a drop from all three kings, it's identity as a hybrid ring makes sense. Just making it a slight upgrade to ring of stone would be good.
;

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
Re: Imbued rings
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 11:59:59 am »
Rings should be 20k charges in my opinion, as DKs are fairly annoying to kill at the moment. Warrior ring is not used at all so I don't see why it can't be in all drops. Imbuing rings should be more rewarding, as said above scrolls are expensive and they are not commonly used in PvM.

I reckon increase of drop rates to 0.8% cause accordingly to wiki page warrior ring has 0.3% drop rate and nobody even uses the ring. In the end these rings still need some changes to be most effective.
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 12:00:45 pm »
Don't use them on a slayer task you fucking door, for the the same reasons you don't use Statius and such. It's expensive and should only be used at high-level PvM and PKing.
The following users liked this post: Thomy, Skill0wzer, S Clegane

Offline Skill0wzer

• Liked: 68 times
  • +0/-0
  • We'll live to fight another day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 12:09:39 pm »
Don't use them on a slayer task you fucking door, for the the same reasons you don't use Statius and such. It's expensive and should only be used at high-level PvM and PKing.

door
Beloved member since 2009
King of Empsland

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 12:26:32 pm »
Did not know they were considered PvP gear rather than just an upgrade to rings. My bad then.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 12:45:49 pm »
Did not know they were considered PvP gear rather than just an upgrade to rings. My bad then.

Use your brain for a sec and realize that the common factor that tie the rings and the ancient gear is the cost. Also, I did not know that high-level PvM was PvP. It would be the absolute stupidest move ever to make the imbued rings the best-in-slot in every way possible unless you want to make Vigour and thus Pest Control even more redundant content than they already are.
Pages: 1