The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Glacors.
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 07:33:12 pm »

Both Hitpoints/defence are certainly not that of the Boss overall.

HITPOINTS ARE NOT THAT OF A BOSS??? are you shitting me? did you even read my thread? Jesus Christ.

There is a reason why Steadfast/Glaiven/Ragefire gloves are at high prices, just as Namnori said. It's good the way it is.
I realize that the boots' prices are not normal and should be a little bit higher but cmon, 100m/30m/30m for just a set of gloves? these prices are supposed to be at least halved in my opinion.

Clearly, you don't read replies - you prioritize to judge replies by who they are made. And yes, I've read the thread. I'm giving my own feedback from personal experience - if it doesn't suit you, you can always thank me for replying at all and move on to argue with other players who agree that this is good idea and should be implemented. I never did say, this thread is pointless, now did I?

As for the gloves, they do give better bonuses than GWD ones, besides the looks. Otherwise, stead/rage/glaiven gloves would have dropped in price ever since the release. Elite Void was always good alternative there regardless whether it's slayer task or off-task killed.

Just so you know it - you can kill it with ranged/magic as well. With those two styles you can constantly heal yourself + aura(vampyrism) and you are good to go. Let's face it, as Ironman you will be at bigger burdens than this. This is nothing, compared to dry streak at Nex. Alugis can tell you story on that one.

Thanks and have a great day.

Alugis is one of those fuckbois who rage about one dry streak but forget to mention the dozens of times he has gotten incredibly lucky.
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Loop

• Liked: 58 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 09:37:31 am »

Both Hitpoints/defence are certainly not that of the Boss overall.

HITPOINTS ARE NOT THAT OF A BOSS??? are you shitting me? did you even read my thread? Jesus Christ.

There is a reason why Steadfast/Glaiven/Ragefire gloves are at high prices, just as Namnori said. It's good the way it is.
I realize that the boots' prices are not normal and should be a little bit higher but cmon, 100m/30m/30m for just a set of gloves? these prices are supposed to be at least halved in my opinion.

Clearly, you don't read replies - you prioritize to judge replies by who they are made. And yes, I've read the thread. I'm giving my own feedback from personal experience - if it doesn't suit you, you can always thank me for replying at all and move on to argue with other players who agree that this is good idea and should be implemented. I never did say, this thread is pointless, now did I?

As for the gloves, they do give better bonuses than GWD ones, besides the looks. Otherwise, stead/rage/glaiven gloves would have dropped in price ever since the release. Elite Void was always good alternative there regardless whether it's slayer task or off-task killed.

Just so you know it - you can kill it with ranged/magic as well. With those two styles you can constantly heal yourself + aura(vampyrism) and you are good to go. Let's face it, as Ironman you will be at bigger burdens than this. This is nothing, compared to dry streak at Nex. Alugis can tell you story on that one.

Thanks and have a great day.
Oh my lord, for the love of chin chin and all that is holy. You said HITPOINTS i pointed out LITERALLY 10 EMPS WORLD BOSSES THAT HAVE LOWER HITPOINTS THAN GLACORS.

And you don't have to worry about my ironman. Do not talk about subjects you have no idea about. my ironman is gucci as hell atm.

No, I do not focus on who's writing the comment but after reading it, it sure does explain a lot about why people despise you.

Offline Jp

• Liked: 1764 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 09:45:34 am »
Glacors could be given a weakness against fire and blood spells? Small accuracy/strength boost when hitting them with fire/blood spells.
The following users liked this post: Ameer, Iron Corne, Loop, Antebellum

Offline Est Mauler

• Liked: 95 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 01:19:06 pm »
Well... Glacors, 800+ hp and high defence, takes 3 minutes to kill them in max range gear, yes i think they should be nerfed. Drop table really is trash, its waste of time and supplies to kill them for money-making.

Also killing minions instead leaving them alive is still faster since they have lower defence than glacor itself.
The following users liked this post: Loop

Offline Nocturnal

• Liked: 135 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2018, 03:02:04 pm »
To be fair, I don't think the Glacors need a combat nerf. They're fine late game content monsters. Although, it isn't rewarding enough to kill them.

Glacors could be given a weakness against fire and blood spells? Small accuracy/strength boost when hitting them with fire/blood spells.
This is a great idea. Will this boost also include elemental fire damage? I personally think it should since it's mostly killed by rangers.

Drop table really is trash, its waste of time and supplies to kill them for money-making.

Also killing minions instead leaving them alive is still faster since they have lower defence than glacor itself.
The droptable could be updated with some more useful skilling supplies (maybe instead of the herbs).

It is indeed easier to kill the minions first. It also lowers damage taken, because it makes switching easier imo.
May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

OG since August 2k9
Player Moderator since June 22nd 2018
Game Moderator since September 15th 2018

Player Administrator since October 20th 2018

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 03:37:31 pm »
To be fair, I don't think the Glacors need a combat nerf. They're fine late game content monsters. Although, it isn't rewarding enough to kill them.

This is a great idea. Will this boost also include elemental fire damage? I personally think it should since it's mostly killed by rangers.

Drop table really is trash, its waste of time and supplies to kill them for money-making.

The droptable could be updated with some more useful skilling supplies (maybe instead of the herbs).

It is indeed easier to kill the minions first. It also lowers damage taken, because it makes switching easier imo.

I fully agree with Mitch on this,
Instead of nerfing it, why not updating its drop table with something useful.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2018, 03:40:09 pm »

I fully agree with Mitch on this,
Instead of nerfing it, why not updating its drop table with something useful.

This would give fire spells a niche use at Glacors which is a better option than straight up nerfing them imho. As for the drop table itself I'm not going to say anything because never killed one.
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Loop

• Liked: 58 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 06:40:58 pm »
As for the drop table itself I'm not going to say anything because never killed one.

https://emps-world.net/wiki/Glacor

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2018, 09:58:12 am »
There is a reason why Steadfast/Glaiven/Ragefire gloves are at high prices, just as Namnori said. It's good the way it is. Both Hitpoints/defence are certainly not that of the Boss overall.

Ye, it is totally reasonable to 90m for gloves since they do not even have a single maxhit bonus over gwd gloves. Glacors were dead content since release, they were added because Charr didn't like how gwd gloves looked with Nex armor. Besides, Void is better dps anyway and the gloves cannot be used with void set. They are useless.
Besides the Charr wishes, why did they even got added then if they are useless, may I ask?

Offline Jp

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2018, 11:49:41 am »
Suggestion Charr made at the time about ragefire, steadfast and glaiven boots was directly taken from staff chat and made it look like it was just him wanting them in-game.
They were added as an unique reward for Glacors, not because someone wanted them being added.

As for the drop table itself I'm not going to say anything because never killed one.

https://emps-world.net/wiki/Glacor
Looking at the drop table in wiki doesn't give me an idea how hard or how easy or how long it takes to kill them. In my personal opinion it's better to leave my comments out if I'm not able to back up my statement or opinion with information that's correct.
Putting false information out there just creates information that's not true.

Just to add to this Glacor's have a weakness against fire spells in Runescape as well. Straight up nerfing them isn't a good idea imho because the gloves really seem to hold a high value.
Giving them an unique way to kill them would be a better option.
The following users liked this post: Nocturnal, S Clegane
Pages: 1 2