The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Loop

• Liked: 58 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Glacors.
« on: July 29, 2018, 11:24:02 am »
To start off no, I am not baby raging because they're too hard.
They need to be nerfed. They're supposed to be demi - bosses but they have more hp than most regular bosses in emps world, let me show you some examples. Glacors have more hitpoints than:

King black dragon
Chaos Elemental
Kalphite Queen
Wildywyrm
Smoke Demon Champion
General Graardor
K'ril Tsutsaroth
Commander Zilyana
Kree'Arra

To top it all off, it also spawns minions, which adds even an extra 240 hp to the monster, that's sums up to a total of 890 hp, which makes it stronger than corporeal god damn beast, which is renowned for its' durability.

Also,  the minions that they spawn add a hell of a lot of defense + offense bonuses to the boss, so it's defense needs to get nerfed as well.

Their drop table sucks ass as well. You will lose more money then you get from them if you're unlucky and don't manage to get a glove drop.

In summary, it's just as rare to see anyone from the community get a glove drop from these monsters than it is to get it is yourself because literally almost no one kills glacors. Players who get glacor tasks usually skip them, unless they have high end gear and can tank them in one trip.

•   Nerf their hitpoints
•   Nerf their defense after the minions spawn
•   Nerf minion hitpoints
•   Buff the drop table

thx bai
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 12:12:47 pm by Loop »

Offline Antebellum

• Liked: 27 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Glacors.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 11:40:24 am »
ice strykewyrms drop the same tier items, just boots not gloves and they are alot easier to kill and have 173 hp. Reducing the hitpoints on glacors should do the thing  and maybe the prices will drop down aswell. Barely anyone is willing to sell their steadfast gloves under 100m cuz of the rarity on the market.

Offline Namnori

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • <><.><>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 11:47:37 am »
That's why gloves isn't 5m. Imo they are good as it is. I never skipped glacors task because they are easy to kill. I would agree it's a bit hard for low budget people kill them without task but that's how they should be. If you get lucky and get steadfast gloves, that's like 80m. Not sure about other gloves, but they cost around 30m ( I think ), that's good too. So, I disagree with you and we should not nerf them.

P.S each minion heals 80 hp. 3x80 = 240 / 650+240=890 hp overall. Plus, there's chance to kill him before he can heal ;)
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Zaranous

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 12:05:02 pm »
That's why gloves isn't 5m. Imo they are good as it is. I never skipped glacors task because they are easy to kill. I would agree it's a bit hard for low budget people kill them without task but that's how they should be. If you get lucky and get steadfast gloves, that's like 80m. Not sure about other gloves, but they cost around 30m ( I think ), that's good too. So, I disagree with you and we should not nerf them.

P.S each minion heals 80 hp. 3x80 = 240 / 650+240=890 hp overall. Plus, there's chance to kill him before he can heal ;)

What are you saying is to kill the minions before they transform the hp to the glacor that does not make any sense since you could deal that damage to the glacor :3

Offline Loop

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 12:14:12 pm »

My point wasn't that they're easy for SOME players. My point is that they are stronger than most bosses of emps world and they only give gloves that add just a few bonuses.

EDIT: fixed my math. turns out it's even stronger than the corporeal beast lmfao.

Offline Namnori

• Liked: 168 times
  • +0/-0
  • <><.><>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 12:34:51 pm »
No, I didin't said to kill minions first. Glacor will heal himself when he has 82hp or lower but if he attacks with magic or that freeze attack it will not heal instantly and you can kill him before he heals. @Seid

So basically you saying more hp = stronger. It just takes a bit more time to kill. If you flick prayer at glacors they literally hit nothing to you and you can camp there for hours. The only thing you comparing is hitpoints, which has nothing to do with being stronger than these bosses you mentioned before. @loop
The following users liked this post: S Clegane

Offline Loop

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 12:47:43 pm »
No, I didin't said to kill minions first. Glacor will heal himself when he has 82hp or lower but if he attacks with magic or that freeze attack it will not heal instantly and you can kill him before he heals. @Seid

So basically you saying more hp = stronger. It just takes a bit more time to kill. If you flick prayer at glacors they literally hit nothing to you and you can camp there for hours. The only thing you comparing is hitpoints, which has nothing to do with being stronger than these bosses you mentioned before. @loop
their defense is through the roof and you can flick other bosses as well ??? ??? ???

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 06:23:30 pm »
I do believe that they're stronger than most of the bosses we have ing, however they also drop something more valuable than most of the bosses we have.
For me, keeping it this way is much better for the economy than making it any easier.
A possible solution
Why not call it as a boss as well ? then everyone will be happy and it will become the ' Hardest ' boss to kill.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Loop

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 11:26:03 pm »
Why not call it as a boss as well ? then everyone will be happy and it will become the ' Hardest ' boss to kill.
It will not become the hardest boss to kill. Remember, we have group bosses

I do believe that they're stronger than most of the bosses we have ing, however they also drop something more valuable than most of the bosses we have.
For me, keeping it this way is much better for the economy than making it any easier.
A possible solution

other bosses have much more valuable common drops. the most valuable common drop you can get from glacors at the moment is 3 sara brews. My point of improving their drop table was to improve their common drops.

Offline Earl

• Liked: 227 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 07:10:11 am »
Plot twist: let's actually buff the other bosses that are weak and make them a challenge aswell.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 07:13:05 am »
Plot twist: let's actually buff the other bosses that are weak and make them a challenge aswell.

The last thing this game needs is every boss changed into a concrete wall a.k.a. Chronozon.
The following users liked this post: Loop

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 09:11:30 am »
There is a reason why Steadfast/Glaiven/Ragefire gloves are at high prices, just as Namnori said. It's good the way it is. Both Hitpoints/defence are certainly not that of the Boss overall.

Offline Loop

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2018, 09:43:00 am »
Both Hitpoints/defence are certainly not that of the Boss overall.
i can hit constant 60s on every god wars dungeon boss and some others with my melee setup (demon halberd, void/bandos, steads, str t). hitting glacors with that same kind of gear is basically bashing your head against a wall. (i know you're not supposed to melee them, i just wanted to compare their strength/defense to the other bosses.

HITPOINTS ARE NOT THAT OF A BOSS??? are you shitting me? did you even read my thread? Jesus Christ.

There is a reason why Steadfast/Glaiven/Ragefire gloves are at high prices, just as Namnori said. It's good the way it is.
I realize that the boots' prices are not normal and should be a little bit higher but cmon, 100m/30m/30m for just a set of gloves? these prices are supposed to be at least halved in my opinion.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2018, 09:49:32 am »
There is a reason why Steadfast/Glaiven/Ragefire gloves are at high prices, just as Namnori said. It's good the way it is. Both Hitpoints/defence are certainly not that of the Boss overall.

Ye, it is totally reasonable to 90m for gloves since they do not even have a single maxhit bonus over gwd gloves. Glacors were dead content since release, they were added because Charr didn't like how gwd gloves looked with Nex armor. Besides, Void is better dps anyway and the gloves cannot be used with void set. They are useless.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:51:22 am by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Loop

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 10:13:24 am »

Both Hitpoints/defence are certainly not that of the Boss overall.

HITPOINTS ARE NOT THAT OF A BOSS??? are you shitting me? did you even read my thread? Jesus Christ.

There is a reason why Steadfast/Glaiven/Ragefire gloves are at high prices, just as Namnori said. It's good the way it is.
I realize that the boots' prices are not normal and should be a little bit higher but cmon, 100m/30m/30m for just a set of gloves? these prices are supposed to be at least halved in my opinion.

Clearly, you don't read replies - you prioritize to judge replies by who they are made. And yes, I've read the thread. I'm giving my own feedback from personal experience - if it doesn't suit you, you can always thank me for replying at all and move on to argue with other players who agree that this is good idea and should be implemented. I never did say, this thread is pointless, now did I?

As for the gloves, they do give better bonuses than GWD ones, besides the looks. Otherwise, stead/rage/glaiven gloves would have dropped in price ever since the release. Elite Void was always good alternative there regardless whether it's slayer task or off-task killed.

Just so you know it - you can kill it with ranged/magic as well. With those two styles you can constantly heal yourself + aura(vampyrism) and you are good to go. Let's face it, as Ironman you will be at bigger burdens than this. This is nothing, compared to dry streak at Nex. Alugis can tell you story on that one.

Thanks and have a great day.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 10:19:53 am by Wg »
Pages: 1 2