The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Freezes
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 04:32:36 pm »
OT Why was it changed to how it is now?

It hasn't been changed in a while. The current system has been out for probably since your last barrage suggestion/feedback back when Charr was still staff I think. This is how suggestions get implemented in the game:

If Thomy didn't put high level monsters into the wilderness, there would be no need for altering how the barrage works. Frosts and revs are great for mid level players, who have no way of defending themselves from PKers. There are now two groups of players who have different opinions about 15s freezes.

This wasn't a problem in scape since you could kill Kolodion and chaos ele in shit gear so you didn't risk anything killing them. Now you need barrows/third age and salve to kill spectrals and revs. For a new-ish player that is a lot of effort to get back after dying. This creates a problem with balancing and making the barrage fair for both PKers and the PvMers.
Ruin entire mage pking scene just because noobs can't kill certain monsters in the wilderness without risking decent gear. The same monsters who were placed there to bring players and pkers to the wilderness and create a risk vs reward situation. This is hilarious.

My opinion over a year ago was to keep PKing in wilderness and PvM outside of it. If that was the case, bridding and deep wildy PKing against actual PKers would had never been affected.

I used to range PK with my pure a lot back in scape but ain't nobody doing that anymore because people are chasing d sets with their mains instead of actual loot.
The following users liked this post: Ameer

Offline Dabaus

• Liked: 8 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 04:52:26 pm »
OT Why was it changed to how it is now?

It hasn't been changed in a while. The current system has been out for probably since your last barrage suggestion/feedback back when Charr was still staff I think. This is how suggestions get implemented in the game:

If Thomy didn't put high level monsters into the wilderness, there would be no need for altering how the barrage works. Frosts and revs are great for mid level players, who have no way of defending themselves from PKers. There are now two groups of players who have different opinions about 15s freezes.

This wasn't a problem in scape since you could kill Kolodion and chaos ele in shit gear so you didn't risk anything killing them. Now you need barrows/third age and salve to kill spectrals and revs. For a new-ish player that is a lot of effort to get back after dying. This creates a problem with balancing and making the barrage fair for both PKers and the PvMers.
Ruin entire mage pking scene just because noobs can't kill certain monsters in the wilderness without risking decent gear. The same monsters who were placed there to bring players and pkers to the wilderness and create a risk vs reward situation. This is hilarious.
Are you telling me ice barrage got nerfed beacuse pvmers in wildy cant defend themselfs? Wildernes isnt safe place to pvm and people should know that. You just cant do like this.

Mary

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2016, 05:06:21 pm »
Are you telling me ice barrage got nerfed beacuse pvmers in wildy cant defend themselfs? Wildernes isnt safe place to pvm and people should know that. You just cant do like this.
A 1 pker vs 1 pvmer shouldnt turn out in 99% pvmer death rate.. There's pvm locations in the wilderness and it shouldn't be 'just be lucky you dont run into any pker at all' type of content.

Offline Dabaus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2016, 05:13:20 pm »
A 1 pker vs 1 pvmer shouldnt turn out in 99% pvmer death rate.. There's pvm locations in the wilderness and it shouldn't be 'just be lucky you dont run into any pker at all' type of content.
U are pvming on that are on ur own risk. U know its wildernes and people can atk you. And u can always protect urself with alt acc or taking pk gear with you

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2016, 05:19:05 pm »
Zgs spec pker, log out under him

ez

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2016, 05:24:56 pm »

That's why I said years ago that every high level monster should had been moved out of the wilderness. Now we are here wondering why nobody PvMs nor Pks in wilderness.

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2016, 05:35:44 pm »
You know nothing lmao. Why do you keep claiming it was impossible to escape pkers in prime pvm locations when barrage froze for 15 seconds? Do you even realize how easy it was to tank ~12 levels (from spectrals/revs/frosts to level 20)? Why do you keep saying it resulted in a guaranteed death? This is just a blatant lie. I've never seen you pvm in the wilderness/pk so how do you even know? It was all rng based before. You would go to spectrals and find a pvmer. You had no idea how much food he had left. If he had like 5 mantas or brews left then sure it was pretty much a guaranteed kill. But is this because freezing/pkers were overpowered? No this was because the pvmer took a risk. First he went to the wilderness knowing he could possibly run into pkers. Secondly he did (at least most pvmers didn't) not bring proper gear to tank. Heck most people at spectrals would use like black d hide. Is them dying a result of pkers being too op? No of course not. And lastly they choose to not restock when they reached a point where their supplies wouldn't be enough to properly escape. Then when you run into this person that is most likely going to die you still had to overcome splashscape and the pretty bad movement system. But in the end, yes, most people who would choose to stay with a low amount of supplies would die. But like I said before this wasn't because the pkers had too much of advantage. This was because they deliberately put themselves at a disadvantage by brining garbage gear with 0 tanking capabilities and bad supply management.

Now what you've done is reward these people by helping them out. That's just terrible and there's no way anyone should justify this. Do you know how short 6 second freezes are? That's like 2 whip hits. You basically have to catch a freeze, change gear and weapons because they are obviously praying mage, run up to them and attack. If you're lucky you'll squeeze in 2 hits with a whip/crossbow. If they know what they're doing they will pray against you and you've done like what? 30 damage if you're lucky. Then they get unfrozen, freeze immunity kicks in and you'll have to freeze them again. I consider myself a pretty good pker but right now it is IMPOSSIBLE to kill anyone at spectrals/revs or anywhere with barrage. Also you're argument about smiting their prayer is absolute bullshit because you have to do consistent high damage to smite someone and you can't right now (smiting someone was already very difficult before) because you're trying to catch a freeze every 6 seconds.

I've seen a LOT of terrible updates but this ones tops all of them. First I thought it was a bug, was already at the bug report section but then I was told it has been like this for like 2 weeks. The person who came up with the idea obviously knows nothing about mage pking AT ALL and should honoustly never touch the wilderness again without taking advice from people who actually know what they're talking about. I have said everything I wanted to say and if you decide to ignore everything I've said and keep thinking this is fair then I wish you good luck with this game but you ruined it for me and many others.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:39:45 pm by Lars »

Mary

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2016, 06:39:24 pm »
I didn't make this update, i'm just here trying to see a good reason why this was updated. I don't know if halving the bind times vs protection prayer is a good idea (I believe this was changed when the protection prayer rework kicked in, which was recently)

or if 15s is enough, the 15s however has been there for a long long time, after a couple updates we had 20s freezes and 10s freezes, eventually taking the median of 15.

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2016, 06:46:28 pm »
I didn't make this update, i'm just here trying to see a good reason why this was updated. I don't know if halving the bind times vs protection prayer is a good idea (I believe this was changed when the protection prayer rework kicked in, which was recently)

or if 15s is enough, the 15s however has been there for a long long time, after a couple updates we had 20s freezes and 10s freezes, eventually taking the median of 15.
Well I can answer both questions:

-No
-Yes

Now fix it.

Offline Dabaus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2016, 12:49:19 am »

That's why I said years ago that every high level monster should had been moved out of the wilderness. Now we are here wondering why nobody PvMs nor Pks in wilderness.
The way to make deep wildy more active is to place good monsters in there. im not sure what ur aiming for with this comment

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2016, 01:25:42 am »

The way to make deep wildy more active is to place good monsters in there. im not sure what ur aiming for with this comment

Deep wildy was a place for bigass clan battles back in the day. IDK what the hell you want from PKing but that used to be fun as hell. I have no idea what enjoyment you get from killing people who don't even fight you back.

I bet our definitions of wilderness being alive are the polar opposites, because it's currently very much dead with those said high-level monsters there.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:27:21 am by Someone12116 »

Offline Lars

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2016, 02:16:11 pm »

Deep wildy was a place for bigass clan battles back in the day. IDK what the hell you want from PKing but that used to be fun as hell. I have no idea what enjoyment you get from killing people who don't even fight you back.

I bet our definitions of wilderness being alive are the polar opposites, because it's currently very much dead with those said high-level monsters there.
Well were going off topic here but the point of adding pvp stuff to the wilderness is to attract pvmers. These pvmers attract pkers who attract 'bigger' pkers. It's not about killing the pvmers it's about attracting more pkers who will hunt eachother.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 02:35:44 pm by Magecrune »

Mary

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2016, 04:29:52 pm »

Well were going off topic here but the point of adding pvp stuff to the wilderness is to attract pvmers. These pvmers attract pkers who attract 'bigger' pkers. It's not about killing the pvmers it's about attracting more pkers who will hunt eachother.
so halving freezes to enable pvmers to run away from those pker battles seems perfectly fine.

Offline Dabaus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2016, 04:42:42 pm »

so halving freezes to enable pvmers to run away from those pker battles seems perfectly fine.
You realise pkers also run from pkers?

Mary

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2016, 04:57:07 pm »

You realise pkers also run from pkers?
dey wussies then
Pages: 1 2 3