The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline 2 Sexy For U

• Liked: 52 times
  • +0/-0
  • The secret to get ahead is getting started
    • View Profile
Re: Emps-World, the safest game ever & more.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 01:55:20 pm »
X extreamly high roller: YES PLEASS DELETE THE GOD DAMN DUEL ARENA FROM THE GAME !

If thomy would do that, id be playing this game without these extreamly long breaks i sometimes take  ;D ;D

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 05:41:43 pm »
Its just comfort-world
Optimizing server so less people cry regardless of long term effects to economy, in this case people lose less shit therefore less kids crying/quiting

Now that Thomy has gotten rid of alot of kids crying because of disconnects/deaths, he can make updates to maintain player-count because we all know were not getting new players (which is not a bad thing)

edit2 all seriousness you could probably change it, but will it have any real effect on economy?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 05:59:16 pm by Drugs »

Offline Attacker35

• Liked: 32 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 08:48:18 am »

Well, that was enough off-topic for today. What I wanted to suggest is to lower the timers of the items appearing and disappearing. in the wilderness it should be like 1 minute for you and 1 minute for all until the drop disappears. Outside of wilderness it could be twice as long.
If you are afraid of losing your items, buy a guardian angel.

I agree that the timer is long, buti can't accept this example... So if you killed someone in edgeville wilderness, you began to loot, and some Tryhard comes barraging you with a divine, you'll teleport, and you'll barely have time to switch gears to tank the mage and run back?
I do not agree.

edit2 all seriousness you could probably change it, but will it have any real effect on economy?
GA's will go into priority for Pvmers, escaping from wilderness is already easy eunough. I highly doubt that something would change
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:51:44 am by Attacker35 »

Offline Junkz

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 10:04:38 am »

Well, that was enough off-topic for today. What I wanted to suggest is to lower the timers of the items appearing and disappearing. in the wilderness it should be like 1 minute for you and 1 minute for all until the drop disappears. Outside of wilderness it could be twice as long.

I agree that the timer is long, buti can't accept this example... So if you killed someone in edgeville wilderness, you began to loot, and some Tryhard comes barraging you with a divine, you'll teleport, and you'll barely have time to switch gears to tank the mage and run back?
I do not agree.

GA's will go into priority for Pvmers, escaping from wilderness is already easy eunough. I highly doubt that something would change

And this is the problem. You do not agree because you would lose items. Emps-World was way too long in a comfort zone that people already forgot how to lose items.
You could also teleport first and then come back to loot. Using anti magic pray won't stun you long enough. But yeah, to make looting for yourself more fair, you could increase the time to 1:30 and then 1:00 for all before the drop vanishes.

Removing GA would be probably the best first step, because the 10 minutes we got now to loot our items out of wilderness is insane enough...

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 11:33:23 am »

I do not agree.

And this is the problem. You do not agree because you would lose items. Emps-World was way too long in a comfort zone that people already forgot how to lose items.
You could also teleport first and then come back to loot. Using anti magic pray won't stun you long enough. But yeah, to make looting for yourself more fair, you could increase the time to 1:30 and then 1:00 for all before the drop vanishes.

Removing GA would be probably the best first step, because the 10 minutes we got now to loot our items out of wilderness is insane enough...

Even thought emps is a pretty safe game, I have to second drugs' question that which of the total of 0 people PvMing in this game will actually lose something? Will it have any real effect?

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2016, 12:19:19 pm »

I do not agree.

Even thought emps is a pretty safe game, I have to second drugs' question that which of the total of 0 people PvMing in this game will actually lose something? Will it have any real effect?

You answered your question before already...

What we need is more content (there's a new dungeon in developement) to attract new players so people would actually have a reason to buy combat gear. Halving the combat xp to 40 per hit could also help.

People will aways try out new things and there are still players who go for boss items.

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2016, 01:51:12 pm »

What we need is more content (there's a new dungeon in developement) to attract new players so people would actually have a reason to buy combat gear. Halving the combat xp to 40 per hit could also help.

People will aways try out new things and there are still players who go for boss items.

Adding new content changes nothing

Offline Junkz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2016, 02:23:58 pm »

Adding new content changes nothing

If you read through the replies, you will realize that this quote is out of place because I was saying that adding new content does not make items leave the game because of the monsters being to easy to kill (you won't die) and if you manage to die, you do have a guardian angel or 10 minutes time to loot your items back. At the end only more items get added that will never leave the game.

What you said is that new content attracts new players who battle for being the first ones to get the new items. I agree with that, but if you look at the latest updates, you will clearly see that you can kill the monsters that were added with 3 items (and the right tactic) multiple times while risking nothing.

What would you think about this solution to make the game more dangerous, challenging and interesting?

- Remove GA and lower the timers of items appearing for others and disappearing from the game.
- Make bosses more challenging by improving their mechanics and not by simply add more damage or nerfing prayers.
- Fix the shitty items that we have to make them viable and to attract more people to get it
- Add new (challenging) content to attract people where they will need to risk something in order to have the chance of getting something good in return.

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 631 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2016, 04:07:53 pm »
There are not many stakers who got alot cash. You could probably count all stakers with more than 2b cash with one hand.

But there's a very high chance that the 10 most richest people have 90% of all the cash in the game. They also have majority of all the items in the game. To whom are they going to sell their items to? To themselves?

The reason why all the popular items like spirit shields, steads, str t and godswords became so cheap now is because one very rich staker decided to sell most of his items. Other stakers paniced and sold their items as well and now you see arcane ss being 80m instead of 200-250m or ags being 30m instead of 60m. This happened with all popular items that were held by stakers, but are no more.

Still you see nobody actually using those items and instead most people who play this game ''legitimately'' use shit gear. How do you explain that?

Regarding the cash holding this might be true, because of the majority of all players being stakers as well. But most of the items are currently spread in the game resulting in high-end gear being cheap compared to how much they were before.

I do think people having dragon items while being lvl 120+ are a result of stakers getting cleaned and trying to rebuild by doing some pvm until they can stake the item again. This server is all about duel arena. I am 100% sure that every player (ironmen excluded) has a staker in his friendlist that quit the game by losing his bank at duel arena.

Ironman mode made some stakers return to play the game in a way they never thought about: Not being able to stake!
I also know some ironmen who are stakers but see the ironman mode as a way out of the duel arena.

Solution: remove the staking system.

What if stakers quit the game? It doesn't matter. They already don't play the game, they just fake the player count.

I have to agree with this, Duel arena is the main reason behind this price crash, stakers are just trying to get rid of their items so they lower the price
It doesn't worth it to pvm anymore, why would someone waste hours trying to Sara godsword if some stakers are selling it for 20 / 25mil ?

Another suggestion would be just make it that you have to pay at least 5mil / 24 hours of being there ( same as warriors guild but this system works with money or an item worth of that money since we already have a G.E system ) it may sound a lil bit crazy but I guess its a good way to get rid of some cash or items, paying a sgs which worth 30mil ( G.E prices ) so you can enter there for 6 days.

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.
Pages: 1 2