The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Nocturnal

• Liked: 135 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Bosses
« on: September 22, 2018, 03:09:09 pm »
I've been bossing quite a lot recently, and I think some could use some tweaking.

God wars dungeon

After the recent 3 man group update, it has become too easy to kill these bosses. Some bosses weren't even hard to kill in the first place, but now with 3 people killing them they're dead within notime.

What can be done to level this out?
  • Adjustive stats, growing along with the amount of people within the bossing chamber till a maximum of 3 players. This way it is easier to kill the boss with a big team, but the only way to make that happen is when not everyone gets a drop.
  • Making all attacks-multi target. At the moment the bosses focus on one player, making it easy for the other attackers to save food. This could be done like Kal'Ger, hitting everyone within a 90 degree angle.
  • Buff the minions. This is mainly meant for the minions at K'ril Tsurath and Kree'Arra. At both bosses the minions hit with the same attack style as the boss, that way you can easily protect incoming damage with the protect prayers. Giving the minions different attack styles, or the ability to hit through prayer (only small percentages) should make it more difficult. (maybe this could also be adjusted to the amount of people within the boss chamber)

Kal'Ger

The boss itself is great the way it is. Doing decent damage through prayer, while not being too overpowered. The only think that is overpowered with this boss in my opinion, are the meteor attacks. They happen really often, are pretty hard to dodge and deal up to 50 (25-25) damage. This should not be a problem, if they wouldn't neglect all defensive prayers, but they do. Making it impossible to tank them.

What can be done about this?
  • Make the metheor attacks less frequent.
  • Make the meteor attacks (partly) blockable by prayer.
Like I said, overall is the boss great, but I think it's slightly too hard with the current economy. Comparing it with other bosses, and what the items are worth (Demon Saber 65-80m, Demon Halberd 140-160m), I think It does too much damage on some grounds.

Yk'Lagor

Yk'Lagor is a really easy boss, attacks with only two attackstyles, of which one can be protected by prayer, and the other one can easily be dodged. What makes it up for this boss are it's minions. Dealing decent damage, and healing the boss pretty significanlty. Although the boss is decent, I think that it could be buffed a little bit more.

What could be improved?
  • The base damage of the boss could be buffed slightly, making it harder to dodge all its incoming damage.
  • Make it impossible to outrun melee damage. At the moment, if you see Yk'Lagor lifting his arm, you could run out of range, canceling all incoming melee damage from him. If that's no longer possible it would make it harder to stand in the right spot to deal damage without receiving any.
  • Make the minions's defence slightly stronger, or spawn 1 or 2 of each more each life. When making the defence stronger this should only be for the not protected damage. (The Necrolords have a protection from magic an ranged. If that defensive bonus gets even stronger it would make it almost impossible to kill them with those attack styles).
The items it drops are worth way more (Demon Orb 200-250m, Demon Wand 250-300m) than e.g. Kal'Ger, but it's equally difficult, maybe even easier.

Har'Lakk

In my opinion the boss is perfectly balanced. Good offensive damage, strong minions with good valuable drops. There is one comment though, which isn't about the boss itself, but about an update done some time ago. The run energy rework kind of messed the whole thing up.

Why is that

Before this update you could easily outrun Har'Lakk in the final stage. Killing this boss requires lots of running to get away from the melee hits, the magic hits, the minions, and the jumps. At the end of the kill (~ last 800 HP) Har'Lakk starts to jump more frequently, from which you have to run away from, or else you get dealt a lot of damage. But once you get to that stage, especially after a few kills, you will have ran out of energy, and will get killed. The only way to counter this is to bring 3-4 super energy pots for 1 trip, giving up 1 or 2 kills per trip. I only have one idea how to fix this, but I don't know how it'll fit in the new running system.
  • At the moment (as far as I know) the restore of the running energy will stop once you start moving. If it would regenerate while running, it could be changed just right, that you can keep on running to finish the kill, and then rest when the kill is over.

Although all these ideas are just suggestions, I don't think they should all be added. This would make some bosses way too overpowered.
May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

OG since August 2k9
Player Moderator since June 22nd 2018
Game Moderator since September 15th 2018

Player Administrator since October 20th 2018

Offline Archer

• Liked: 26 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Bosses
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 02:37:52 pm »
The concept of the 3 top damage dealers that gets loot is a good idea which in my opinion brought the life back to PVMing. Before PVM was dead. Thanks to this idea it's more alive now. It's true that a lot of players can get many drops but still this idea should not be removed.
The following users liked this post: Martin

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 03:03:41 pm »
You are probably a maxed player with near maxed gear. The drops from gwd bosses such as Bandos and Kree'Arra are no more aimed at players of your level. However, those bosses are way more challenging for players whose gear is Barrows armor at best. If you want to group, do Nex and the demon bosses. Not every single piece of content needs to be aimed for the top 0,1% of the players.

The concept of the 3 top damage dealers that gets loot is a good idea which in my opinion brought the life back to PVMing. Before PVM was dead. Thanks to this idea it's more alive now. It's true that a lot of players can get many drops but still this idea should not be removed.

This brings the problem of flooding the game with drops.
The following users liked this post: Tomtim1

Offline Archer

• Liked: 26 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 10:18:01 pm »
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 08:07:00 am by Archer »

Offline Nocturnal

• Liked: 135 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 07:59:23 am »

Don't get me wrong, I think this was a great update, and I never would want to revoke it. It indeed brought more life into PvMing, which is great! It just needs some small adjustments in my opinion.

You are probably a maxed player with near maxed gear. The drops from gwd bosses such as Bandos and Kree'Arra are no more aimed at players of your level. However, those bosses are way more challenging for players whose gear is Barrows armor at best. If you want to group, do Nex and the demon bosses. Not every single piece of content needs to be aimed for the top 0,1% of the players.

Yes I am, but I don't think that's relevant here. Like you said, the GWD bosses are originally made for players with lesser gear and lower levels. But they already were pretty hard for players like those when you could only solo them. I'm sure it wasn't meant for them being THIS easy when the GWD was added.
May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead.

OG since August 2k9
Player Moderator since June 22nd 2018
Game Moderator since September 15th 2018

Player Administrator since October 20th 2018

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 03:33:42 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I think this was a great update, and I never would want to revoke it. It indeed brought more life into PvMing, which is great! It just needs some small adjustments in my opinion.

Yes I am, but I don't think that's relevant here. Like you said, the GWD bosses are originally made for players with lesser gear and lower levels. But they already were pretty hard for players like those when you could only solo them. I'm sure it wasn't meant for them being THIS easy when the GWD was added.

The GWD bosses have actually been buffed few times since their release. They are in fact harder compared to what they used to be. Does it come to you as a surprise that if you play a game for multiple years, the things you have done for all those years become way easier as time goes by?

Offline Gaypride

• Liked: 12 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 07:55:59 pm »
there could be some landing-markers for meteors at kal'ger, so you don't have to look straigth down to your player to dodge them. Imo meteors are way more annoying than spawning minions at other demon bosses.

Did you fall from the vending machine? Because you're a Snack! <3
Pages: 1