The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3226 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Boss tasks
« on: April 23, 2017, 12:52:06 pm »
With 13 boss tasks on the new slayer master I really feel we need to talk about them.

Boss tasks are a good concept, I wouldn't like to see them disappear, but for gods sake Shenven assigns way too many of them. If you're after slayer exp then boss tasks are not something you actually want to do. A long time ago Mary suggested making them an option after completing a certain amount of slayer tasks in a row, that's something I think puts them in a really good spot. I don't see why this wasn't done, it means people that go after exp aren't forced to cancel 20 tasks in a row so they finally get a decent task from the new slayer master. People that want to go after slayer points will still be able to get them and not only that, they'll know when they get them. That way would work for both people that go after exp and after points.

The exp from certain boss tasks also isn't super great. For example with gwd boss tasks you're forced to kill the minions, not only does your slayer helmet not work against them but you don't gain any exp either. The same applies to jad, it makes these tasks so much less rewarding overall. Jad has 400 hp and gives 58,800 slayer exp. How about we give it some added slayer exp for all the monsters you have to kill to get to it? As for gwd bosses, do the same for the minions. It would actually make me think twice about cancelling them.

And why does duradel still assign boss tasks? They're all at Sheven already, removing them would make duradel better. Hell, give him the same amounts for monsters as Sheven does, I won't have to deal with her tasks ever again.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Re: Boss tasks
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 12:59:20 pm »
If you want XP, do Duradel. If you want points, do the new guy :notlikethis:
IMO it's perfect as it is.
The following users liked this post: Skill0wzer

Offline S Clegane