The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34

Offline Irfox

• Liked: 121 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
    • View Profile
Re: Religion
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2015, 03:24:04 pm »
'I'm 100% sure God doesn't exist "
This is completely fine to say. It's just as acceptable to say that as saying "I'm 100% sure god exists."
'everyone that believes in God is a delusional idiot'
Only people that can't accept that there are other cultures and beliefs than their own say this.
You are right, I didn't express myself the right way.
You can believe that something is true but that doesn't make it true.
You can say that you are certain without being certain.
People said 'I'm 100% sure that the earth is flat', then a genius came and told em all to fuck off---> their certanity was proven wrong.
This can happen with the question whether God exists or not.
About the 2nd part of your reply.
A lot of atheists are like that, and you can see it in this topic.
They are so sure about their own genius brain that they tell everyone else to fuck off.
most of the atheists I know are ignorant and mean as fuck.

''This can happen with the question whether God exists or not.''

Also with every other mythological being, but for some reason lets pick god.

Offline Fireblast12

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2015, 03:25:49 pm »
This is completely fine to say. It's just as acceptable to say that as saying "I'm 100% sure god exists."
Only people that can't accept that there are other cultures and beliefs than their own say this.
People said 'I'm 100% sure that the earth is flat', then a genius came and told em all to fuck off---> their certanity was proven wrong.
They are so sure about their own genius brain that they tell everyone else to fuck off.

less likely since it's known that mythological creatures are made up and you can use my argument that I gave against your dragon in this situtation aswell.
If they existed they would have been noticed.

When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges.-Chait

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2015, 03:26:22 pm »
A matter like the Earths shape is something that can be proven, spiritual beings like God can't be proven that they exist or not, it's all a matter of belief. If you don't believe in god, good for you. If you believe in god, good for you.

less likely since it's known that mythological creatures are made up and you can use my argument that I gave against your dragon in this situtation aswell.
And what if i say god is a mythological creature? Mythological creatures exist in history books because there were once people who believed in them. Wether they actually existed or not can't be proven unless you find a corpse or a fossil or something like that. The same could be said about god. "But the bible says he exists!" Yeah well next to me is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, does that mean there's a castle on some rocks filled with wizards in the middle of the sea? The difference is that Harry Potter is confirmed fiction, but we can't know that about any old religion because nobody on the planet is 2015 years old (just taking christianity as an example)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:30:23 pm by King125 »

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

Offline Irfox

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2015, 03:26:56 pm »

Yeah and if god existed they would have been noticed too.

What about the wizards like those of harry potter? What if there are wizards but they hide from us?

Offline Fireblast12

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2015, 03:27:13 pm »
A matter like the Earths shape is something that can be proven, spiritual beings like God can't be proven that they exist or not, it's all a matter of belief. If you don't believe in god, good for you. If you believe in god, good for you.
how are you so certain that it can't be proven?

When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges.-Chait

Offline Fireblast12

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2015, 03:28:16 pm »

What about the wizards like those of harry potter? What if there are wizards but they hide from us?
same argument as for the mythological creatures, the story is made up and it's very unlikely that a made up story is reality.

Offline Irfox

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2015, 03:28:47 pm »

same argument as for the mythological creatures, the story is made up and it's very unlikely that a made up story is reality.

How do you know the story is made up? I didn't say the wizards OF harry potter. I said wizards like them

Offline Fireblast12

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2015, 03:30:30 pm »

How do you know the story is made up? I didn't say the wizards OF harry potter. I said wizards like them
Harry potter is a fictional sstor, the world and system of harry pottee is made up.
Less likely to be true

Offline Irfox

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2015, 03:31:02 pm »

Harry potter is a fictional sstor, the world and system of harry pottee is made up.
Less likely to be true
>Less likely, so you admit there is a possibility of them existing?

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2015, 03:32:39 pm »
are.there.people.out.there.that.are.religious.and.can.summarize.their.religion.to.me.
the.origin.of.their.religion.etcetc

Offline Fireblast12

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2015, 03:33:02 pm »

Less likely to be true
I believe that everything that isn't proven to be untrue to exist.

Offline King125

• +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2015, 03:33:28 pm »
Less likely to be true
I could make the same argument about god and jesus.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2015, 03:34:46 pm »

Less likely to be true
I believe that everything that isn't proven to be untrue to exist.
That.is.the.single.most.idiotic.sentence.I.have.ever.read.
You.will.get.cancer.in.5.years.I.have.no.proof.of.it.but.you.will.now.spend.5.years.of.your.life.beliving.that.you.will.get.cancer.

Offline Fireblast12

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2015, 03:35:02 pm »
Less likely to be true
Proof that it is all made up

Offline King125

• +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2015, 03:35:57 pm »
Less likely to be true
Proof that it is all made up
Prove that wizards aren't real. What if I am one

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34