The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Religion
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2015, 01:39:08 pm »
You.dont.need.to.say."chaos.theory".to.explain.that.you.cant.accurately.predict.every.single.thing.
Its.not.science.when.you.replace."common.sense".with."chaos.theory".and.try.to.use.it.to.prove.something.scientifically.

you.cant.even.explain.god.with.chaos.theory.
chaos.theory.is.about.something.that.exists.but.you.can.not.predict.how.they.affect.something.

how.my.life.affects.your.life.in.30.years.even.if.I.dont.know.you?1+1=?
you.cant.even.ask.about.this.question.about.god.because.he.simply.doesnt.exist.1+?=?
Where did I say that chaos theory is proof for the existence of god ?
It is thought by a lot of scientist that everything is predictable if you have the right formula
It.is.thought.by.millions.of.religous.people.that.god.is.explainable.when.you.dont.have.anything.to.go.off.from

It is thought by a lot of scientist that everything is predictable if you have the right formula

if.so.its.their.unpopular.theory.that.they.go.out.to.prove.and.probably.wont.succeed.

afaik:u.cant.predict."everything"

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:42:40 pm by Drugs »

Offline Fireblast12

• Liked: 181 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2015, 01:43:22 pm »
You.dont.need.to.say."chaos.theory".to.explain.that.you.cant.accurately.predict.every.single.thing.
Its.not.science.when.you.replace."common.sense".with."chaos.theory".and.try.to.use.it.to.prove.something.scientifically.

chaos.theory.is.about.something.that.exists.but.you.can.not.predict.how.they.affect.something.

you.cant.even.ask.about.this.question.about.god.because.he.simply.doesnt.exist.1+?=?
It.is.thought.by.millions.of.religous.people.that.god.is.explainable.when.you.dont.have.anything.to.go.off.from
The existence of God isn't proven.
The imposibility of the existence of God isn't proven aswell.

When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges.-Chait

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2015, 01:45:15 pm »

It.is.more.likely.that.he.doesnt.exist.just.because.theres.literally.0.0.0.0.proof.of.him?
having.absolutely.fucking.0.proof.of.god.is.a.pretty.fucking.damn.good.proof.for.me.that.states.that.he.doesnt.exist

Offline Irfox

• Liked: 121 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2015, 01:54:21 pm »

This counts for unicorns too, doesn't mean it makes sense to believe in them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof

As long as religious people can't prove god exists, it's fine for me to say that he doesn't.

Saying 'there is no evidence that god DOESN'T exist hurr durr' doesn't really help

Offline Drugs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2015, 01:57:38 pm »
I.have.a.daughter.I.dont.have.any.proof.of.my.claims.BUT.I.TELL.YOU.THAT.I.HAVE.A.DAUGHTER.WHERE.IS.MY.DAUGHTER.OH"GOD".WHERE.IS.MY.DAUGHTER.

mentalhospital/inc

Offline Fireblast12

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2015, 02:04:43 pm »

As long as religious people can't prove god exists, it's fine for me to say that he doesn't.

Saying 'there is no evidence that god DOESN'T exist hurr durr' doesn't really help
Your link to the argument of ignorance wikipedia page isn't well placed imo.
I never said that god exists because it isn't proven that he doesn't exist, I said that there is a possibility of him existing and that noone can say with 100% certainty that he doesn't exist.
---> atheists should stop insulting the believers

When soldiers have nowhere to run to - if their bridges have been burned - they fight much harder than they otherwise would have. When you find something that you care about enough, be prepared to burn your bridges.-Chait

Offline Irfox

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2015, 02:35:59 pm »

I never said that god exists because it isn't proven that he doesn't exist, I said that there is a possibility of him existing and that noone can say with 100% certainty that he doesn't exist.

I never said that dragons exists because it isn't proven that dragons doesn't exist, I said that there is a possibility of dragons existing and that noone can say with 100% certainty that dragons doesn't exist.

So if I asked you if you think dragons may exist you would answer that you're not sure? Does this count for everything that 'has a possibility of existing' or only for god?

Offline Fireblast12

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2015, 03:04:57 pm »

I never said that dragons exists because it isn't proven that dragons doesn't exist, I said that there is a possibility of dragons existing and that noone can say with 100% certainty that dragons doesn't exist.

So if I asked you if you think dragons may exist you would answer that you're not sure? Does this count for everything that 'has a possibility of existing' or only for god?
My answer would be no because I know that dragons are big creatures, therefore if they existed they would have been seen by people and they would have been discovered.
they are big, can fly, spit fire and are noticed pretty easy.
Now returning to 'God'.
There isn't a good description of how that 'creature' looks like nor where to find it--> you can't be sure it doesn't exist.
Our knowledge is yet way too smal to make claims like 'god doesn't exist'.

Offline Irfox

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2015, 03:05:56 pm »

My answer would be no because I know that dragons are big creatures, therefore if they existed they would have been seen by people and they would have been discovered.
Now returning to 'God'.
There isn't a good description of how that 'creature' looks like nor where to find it--> you can't be sure it doesn't exist.

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/Dragon.htm

That is my dragon, it's invisible and has a ghost form.

Does it exist now? What about leprechauns and wizards that hide from us?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:07:54 pm by Irfox »

Offline Fireblast12

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2015, 03:15:03 pm »

Now returning to 'God'.

no, there is a possibility of it existing.
leprechauns and wizards are imaginary creatures that people came up with.
It is known that they are made up because people told other people they made em up.
It's unknown if God is made up or there really were visions and all that crap.
People could be refering to other creatures as God without us knowing they meant those creatures.
There are so many questions about this subject that aren't aswered yet, therefore you can't be claiming things like 'I'm 100% sure God doesn't exist " or 'everyone that believes in God is a delusional idiot'

Offline Yaz

• Liked: 603 times
  • +0/-0
  • Out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2015, 03:17:14 pm »
Irfox, could you tell me who created 'us' or how did we come? I really want an Atheist to come up with an answer to this question

Bubblebeam2 [11|Sep 01:08 am]:   Yaz is love, Yaz is Life
Drugs [12|Sep 05:08 pm]:   just.saw.yazan.on.esl.dubai
Charr [11|Oct 09:24 pm]:   Yaz pls stop using riven ult irl.
Emps Loover [07|Dec 09:37 pm]:   I want to see you in a mc donalds suit yaz
Charr [06|Jan 02:21 pm]:   Yazdonalds

Offline Fireblast12

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2015, 03:18:18 pm »
Irfox, could you tell me who created 'us' or how did we come? I really want an Atheist to come up with an answer to this question
Evolution and big bang lol
Big bang occured cos of random perfect circumstances

Offline King125

• Liked: 1425 times
  • +0/-0
  • ex-admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2015, 03:19:06 pm »
Because god snapping his fingers and saying "let there be light" makes a lot of sense.

'I'm 100% sure God doesn't exist "
This is completely fine to say. It's just as acceptable to say that as saying "I'm 100% sure god exists."
'everyone that believes in God is a delusional idiot'
Only people that can't accept that there are other cultures and beliefs than their own say this.

Evolution and big bang lol
Big bang occured cos of random perfect circumstances
You do realise it took millions upon millions of years for what we call "life" to come into existance after the big bang, right?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:21:48 pm by King125 »

Bubblebeam2 [24|Oct 08:55 pm]:   finland is in asia

Offline Irfox

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2015, 03:19:37 pm »

Now returning to 'God'.

no, there is a possibility of it existing.
leprechauns and wizards are imaginary creatures that people came up with.
It is known that they are made up because people told other people they made em up.
It's unknown if God is made up or there really were visions and all that crap.
People could be refering to other creatures as God without us knowing they meant those creatures.
There are so many questions about this subject that aren't aswered yet, therefore you can't be claiming things like 'I'm 100% sure God doesn't exist " or 'everyone that believes in God is a delusional idiot'

So if your girlfriend/boss/whatever asks you if unicorns exist would you say  'there is a possibility'  ?

What about people that claim to have seen aliens? Do you think it is possible they are speaking the truth?

Do you believe in russells teapot? it MIGHT be there

You're presenting a loaded question by saying 'created'. And the answer is I don't know, go ask a biologist.

Offline Fireblast12

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2015, 03:23:06 pm »
'I'm 100% sure God doesn't exist "
This is completely fine to say. It's just as acceptable to say that as saying "I'm 100% sure god exists."
'everyone that believes in God is a delusional idiot'
Only people that can't accept that there are other cultures and beliefs than their own say this.
You are right, I didn't express myself the right way.
You can believe that something is true but that doesn't make it true.
You can say that you are certain without being certain.
People said 'I'm 100% sure that the earth is flat', then a genius came and told em all to fuck off---> their certanity was proven wrong.
This can happen with the question whether God exists or not.
About the 2nd part of your reply.
A lot of atheists are like that, and you can see it in this topic.
They are so sure about their own genius brain that they tell everyone else to fuck off.
most of the atheists I know are ignorant and mean as fuck.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34