The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Ekke

• Liked: 94 times
  • +0/-0
  • The inquisitive
    • View Profile
Globalization
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:05:48 pm »
If you haven't noticed already, your country's culture is halfway dead (unless you live in the USA): food, internet, television, music, fashion, products, corporations.

Is it good, what do you think of it?
Why?

Is there a way to stop it?

I'm just glad I'm going to die before it fully takes over.

pic related

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Globalization
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 08:12:54 pm »
I'm gonna be a rebel and ask you a question instead.

Is a culture bound to an area marked by borders or to people of that culture?
;
The following users liked this post: Kaarel 123, Ekke, Triangle Dot, Beershake

Offline Ekke

• +0/-0
  • The inquisitive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 08:24:33 pm »
I think that every country should have its own culture, that is typical to the specific area, and that the people of the nation should respect it and carry it in their hearts at all times.

Some people travel and discover new cultures, which also become great for the specific person. I'm okay with that as long as they have their own nation's culture somewhere in heart, safe place.
The following users liked this post: Joshiee, Charr

Offline Beershake

• Liked: 70 times
  • +0/-0
  • Italian Pizza
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 08:49:15 pm »
If people weren't looking at everything with an eye of profit and personal advantage it would be good, in my opinion. As it is now it isn't the best situation.
I see as a positive thing technology share only, the useful one.
Emps-Scape player since 2010!

Offline Killua

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 11:54:31 am »
I completely support having different cultures in the same land. it's true that it's a double edged sword. but the benefit is really good

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 01:40:00 pm »
Culture is more than just fast food and TV shows. There has and will always be shit that is considered mainstream, but that doesn't mean culture is dying or going monotone.

Offline Ekke

• +0/-0
  • The inquisitive
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 06:02:51 pm »
Culture is more than just fast food and TV shows. There has and will always be shit that is considered mainstream, but that doesn't mean culture is dying or going monotone.
Would you say your country's youth respects the land's culture.. or even pays attention to it? I'd say they pay more attention to that same mainstream shit.

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 06:55:05 pm »
Culture can take a huge part of your life in some cases, even if you want to be involved just because curiosity it might be complicated. Because different cultures have different dresscodes, callendar events and religion. And in modern society it's hard to keep up with it all, or even some of the things.

Naturally it can only affect you by so much, you might start speaking in language which is specific to its culture.

Then again culture can change, because humanity is growing and learning. Im fairly certain that even smaller groups heavily affected by culture have changed because of options that are available now that wasn't there in the past, cooking methods or whatnot.

Tbh you shouldn't force a culture upon anyone, and you can't. It basically develops itself. If you go back in history you might think it was more peaceful with different cultures but Im pretty sure it caused many conflicts and fights/wars between villages.

Im glad for new tech, internet and food. And im glad were involving in certain aspects. Music and everything else is basically offered to us not forced on us, you can either eat good food and listen to music you like or you don't.

Culture is affected by change that people involved in change accept.
I still find different architecture, different people and so on interesting even tho I eat burgers and listen to modern music.

Also I still like some traditions and traditional food, but it doesn't mean I eat it all the time because there's better stuff to eat.

Offline Ekke

• +0/-0
  • The inquisitive
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 07:06:15 pm »
Thing about globalization is that if it truly happens, people won't have their own culture close to heart anymore. Their own country, their own history - it will be forgotten, and that's a pity.

Globalization also ruins patriotism. People won't find their homeland so different and special anymore.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 07:08:20 pm by Ekke »

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 07:10:37 pm »
Would you say your country's youth respects the land's culture.. or even pays attention to it? I'd say they pay more attention to that same mainstream shit.

I don't know if you have ever been abroad but I can tell you that every country I have visited definitely have their own unique traditions, festivals, food, drinks, sports, architecture, language, everything. That's why people travel. Experiencing different cultures is fun and interesting. Sure, nearly every country will have a McDonalds here and there but I personally prefer eating at a proper restaurant. That's a choice between native culture and multiculturalism.

Of course, you can go ahead and tell me all about how identical the cultures of Finland and Spain are, for example, after saying ''If you haven't noticed already, your country's culture is halfway dead''.
The following users liked this post: Joshiee

Offline Ekke

• +0/-0
  • The inquisitive
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 07:16:02 pm »

I don't know if you have ever been abroad but I can tell you that every country I have visited definitely have their own unique traditions, festivals, food, drinks, sports, architecture, language, everything. That's why people travel. Experiencing different cultures is fun and interesting. Sure, nearly every country will have a McDonalds here and there but I personally prefer eating at a proper restaurant. That's a choice between native culture and multiculturalism.

Of course, you can go ahead and tell me all about how identical the cultures of Finland and Spain are, for example, after saying ''If you haven't noticed already, your country's culture is halfway dead''.
Sure there are still different cultures, globalization is only in the beginning. You can't find pure cultures anymore though, there is a touch of globalization everywhere already.

And *cough* you didn't answer my question nonetheless.

Offline Someone12116

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 07:29:50 pm »

Sure there are still different cultures, globalization is only in the beginning. You can't find pure cultures anymore though, there is a touch of globalization everywhere already.

Come back after you've found a single Finnish person who doesn't like sauna or celebrating midsummer lol
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 07:31:33 pm by Someone12116 »
The following users liked this post: Beershake

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 08:47:47 pm »

Come back after you've found a single Finnish person who doesn't like sauna or celebrating midsummer lol
Ya well I think it's easier to täke stuff forgranted when you're constantly living the > culture.
But afaik I've seen people who live abrod they still miss their home food and traditions, fuck I mean Estonians abroad in smaller groups even celebrate mid-summer.

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 11:26:34 am »
One could argue it is a bad thing. Local companies being replaced/taken over by multinationals, the (unwanted) melting pot of "alien" cultures/beliefs/even people mixed with your own culture etc. But one cannot deny the fact that this so called globalization has many positive aspects such as: easier, faster and cheaper sharing of information making it more timely, efficient and effective which is very important in almost any situation; easier acces to resources from all around the world (think of using Amazon/Alibaba to order products online); broadening of your own horizon (think of carreer opportunities all around the world, travelling and emigration).

Offline Avenus

• Liked: 471 times
  • +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 05:21:53 pm »
Thing about globalization is that if it truly happens, people won't have their own culture close to heart anymore. Their own country, their own history - it will be forgotten, and that's a pity.

Globalization also ruins patriotism. People won't find their homeland so different and special anymore.

I believe most countries have a limit on how many they are supposed to take in or are able to take in every year to their country.
Lets take Norway for instance. A big majority of people do believe they will live as kings when they arrive Norway. Fact is not, better than
how it was? Yes, most likely. But without all these foreign people and inventions in my country, i wouldnt have had kebab or other fantastic food today.
You know how bad i would have felt thinking i would go to buy a kebab after a night out in the city and i see no kebabshops????? I would have flipped.
Kebab is probably the only arguement i have for immigrants in my country. But i look at globalisation as a positive thing. Our country gets to keep up with the world that way. Cars, food, internet other useless products.

The older generations in Norway are pretty much racists because they grew up in an all white country with nearly no one being black. But as our country evolved people got her fast. I got a lot of multi-cultured friends. There is also many foreign people i dont like. But all in all, they seem to bring good shit to my country. No one have bringed any bombs yet unlike other countries in Europe  ::) ::)
Pages: 1 2