The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
New laptop
« on: March 18, 2017, 02:56:14 pm »
any suggestions for a decent laptop ?

I am not looking for an expensive one since I am at uni atm and can't afford one tbh
so something between 1000-1300$ can do the job,

I'll be using the laptop to study and gaming when I have time for it ( when I say gaming I actually mean playing Emps and LoL if I ever have the time for it, or possibly fifa but I doubt it since I use my Ps4 for it )

And what do you guys think about Ryzon 7 ? should I look for laptops that has it instead of Intel, why ?

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline S Clegane

• Liked: 308 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New laptop
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 03:00:14 pm »
Use laptop that has Intel processor in it. They are more reliable.
As for specific model, I don't know. Check e-shops for it.

Offline Suryoyo K0

• Liked: 1505 times
  • +0/-1
  • :4head:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 03:04:30 pm »
I suggest this one, really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6dQxQBHiB0

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 03:09:15 pm »
Ryzen is a perfectly fine alternative to intel, but there's no real reason to look for a laptop with one specifically.

I'd actually recommend you get something like a chromebook for your studies and build a desktop for gaming. It can either save you a fuckton of money, or get you a better gaming pc.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 03:12:41 pm »
A good processor won't really save your laptop if it's ''only'' worth $1000-1300. The laptop GPU's aren't that good in general so they will bottleneck your performance no matter how good CPU you have.

Take a look at the Asus ROG series if you necessarily want a gaming laptop, they're pretty good. You could also buy a $300 laptop for studying and $1k custom-built desktop for gaming.

Offline Kaarel 123

• Liked: 377 times
  • +0/-0
  • mak merica grate agen Ȃ̴̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒͘̕̚͝͝͠
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 03:19:16 pm »
"I am not looking for an expensive one since I am at uni atm and can't afford one tbh
so something between 1000-1300$ can do the job"
mfw my laptop costs 200€ and it can do the job very well

Ȃ̴̛̛̰̤̘͉̍͐͆̓̌̀̓̈̋̈̌̇̀͛̈́̉̈̒͒̋̂́̍̽̈̔̉̑̐͋̐̾͛̎̄͛́̈́̅͐͋̃͋̿͂͂͛̋͛̆͊̐̋͗͒͊͋̈́͛͑͑̉̉͒͌͆̾̂̈́̋̆̍̓̊̄̑̈͒̒͆͑̋̿̄͌͒͛́̑̿̑͗̇͋̈́̅̎̍͘̕̚̚͘͘͘̚̚̚̕͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝
̶̡̡̨̢̨̨̨̢̢̡̢̛̛̛̙̟̗͎͍̞̪̖͙͓͖̥̗̲̬̫̬̝͉͔͍̻̹̙͕̱̮̲̺̭͉͔̹̖̮̖͖̳͉̩͙̲͚̝̲̺̥̬̰̝͙̤̭͕̝̯̺͔͎̜̳͙̖̫͉͉̗͉̱̭̗̱̦̭̹̗͓̤̟̻̞͂͌̌́̀̌̾͊̅̾̊̅̈́̈́͂̆̔̊̑̂̽̔̌̀͗̈́̃͆͗̌́̀͋̈̌͗̐͌̃̌͒̏̆̊͆̓̊̀͒̑̈̀̈́͑̏̋͆̇̈́̽̍̽̃̾̔̈́̀̾̈́͂̌̈́̐̃̊̀̌̇̾͛̽̽́̌̓̅̉̓̎̊̄̇̓̈́̎́̿̍͂̑̌̂̀̔̏͛̆͒͛̃̌̋͘̕̚̚͘͘͜͜͝͝͝͝ͅͅ
The following users liked this post: Il Pk I, Il Skill L, Drugs

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 06:04:14 pm »
@Charr, I've been told that Ryzen is as good as Intel and half of its price, however I am not sure about it yet
Getting a desktop worth a 1000$ sounds a good idea, however since my uni is around 3 hours away from home, I had to rent a house there, my week is divided to 4 days there, and 3 days back at home that's why I prefer laptop over desktop as you can always take it with you .

@kaarel, I am looking for something that may last for few years, in addition to that laptops are not cheap at all here, especially if you're looking for a 17″ laptop as I don't really like small laptops at all

Which model is more reliable for a daily use ?
I've had dell for 8 years already, however I am not sure if i'll go with this one as well or try something new ( Dell is actually decent since I never had any problems with my dell ) but not the same applies to our second Dell laptop that I can tell is so damn bad

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Charr

• Liked: 3225 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 06:15:21 pm »
however since my uni is around 3 hours away from home, I had to rent a house there, my week is divided to 4 days there, and 3 days back at home that's why I prefer laptop over desktop as you can always take it with you.
Spend more time at the house you rent if you deem it necessary. If you're going home to your family you wouldn't spend very much time playing video games anyways. I don't think a cheap laptop would have all that much trouble with emps either.
;

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 06:19:23 pm »
@Charr, I've been told that Ryzen is as good as Intel and half of its price, however I am not sure about it yet
Getting a desktop worth a 1000$ sounds a good idea, however since my uni is around 3 hours away from home, I had to rent a house there, my week is divided to 4 days there, and 3 days back at home that's why I prefer laptop over desktop as you can always take it with you .

@kaarel, I am looking for something that may last for few years, in addition to that laptops are not cheap at all here, especially if you're looking for a 17″ laptop as I don't really like small laptops at all

Which model is more reliable for a daily use ?
I've had dell for 8 years already, however I am not sure if i'll go with this one as well or try something new ( Dell is actually decent since I never had any problems with my dell ) but not the same applies to our second Dell laptop that I can tell is so damn bad

You won't need a powerful PC for studying unless 3D rendering and long ass video files are part of your everyday life. Most people in my uni use either cheap laptops or even tablets. You're going to get a few strange looks from people if you carry a 17'' laptop to a lecture cuz thing like that takes so much space on your desk. Bigger devices are also heavier to carry and easier and more expensive to break while carrying one around.

Ryzen 7 has 8 cores, and as far as I know games nowadays still aren't properly optimized for that, because most games are first developed for consoles with inferior hardware and then ported for PCs. However, it will be superior to demanding non-gaming computing.

Getting a cheap laptop + a $1k desktop will give you better gaming rig and a more comfortable tool for studying. If you spend more time at your apartment than at your parents in a week, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get a desktop there.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:21:37 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Crusher123

• Liked: 428 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 07:13:02 pm »
Can you maybe link us few online hardware stores for us at your area so we could look at the laptop prices in your country?

Offline Edwin

• Liked: 33 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 04:45:16 pm »
Hey man, go for ASUS, they are really reliable laptop, I am still using mine since 2010. Still very stable. About Intel and AMD, AMD is starting to overtake Intel, can't say for sure how good is performance on ryzen. I am neutral on this. Best is get a good hands-on/test session if you have the chance to, or can find peeps who manage to get those recently for a tryout.

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 07:41:31 pm »
You can get a mac book (air or pro)
price starts from 815$ depending on the Specifications
The mac book is excellent for daily use and gaming. it has amazing futures that come with it such as iMovie; However, you won't get the Microsoft applications.

If your looking for a windows laptop, I would personal choice Asus ROG GL552VW-CN624T Gaming Laptop
it costs around 1280$
Hard Disk Capacity1 TB
RAM Size12 GB
Processor FamilyIntel 6th Generation Core i7
Graphics Card Capacity4 GB
Display Size (Inch)15.6 Inch

Or OMEN by HP

P.S: price may be different from a country to another

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:47:49 pm by Saif Nawaf »
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Il Skill L

• Liked: 1275 times
  • +0/-0
  • ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tyvm Karel for great avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 08:22:27 pm »
The mac book is excellent for gaming.
This makes me doubt anything you will ever say and have ever said.

King125: minimum wage in estonia 2.5€ wtf
King125: 25€ for 10h work day :D :D :D
King125: i could make more sucking emps scape dick
The following users liked this post: Crusher123, 3st Ranger X

Offline Crusher123

• Liked: 428 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 10:02:23 pm »
You can get a mac book (air or pro)
price starts from 815$ depending on the Specifications
The mac book is excellent for daily use and gaming. it has amazing futures that come with it such as iMovie; However, you won't get the Microsoft applications.

I don't want to be mean but please kys if you think that those 900$ apple i3's with integrated graphics card laptops are worth something.

But as i mentioned below, ameer should link us his local online pc hardware shops for us so we could see the prices in his country.

Offline Just Humen

• Liked: 698 times
  • +0/-0
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 12:14:02 pm »
The mac book is excellent for gaming.

:LUL:

Emps-World Player Moderator since Saturday, August 13th, 2016.
Emps-World Game Moderator since Friday, October 28th, 2016.
Resigned on Sunday, January 1st, 2017.
Pages: 1 2