Miscellaneous > Computers and Technology

Need some advice picking parts for new pc build

(1/2) > >>

Lars:
Hello friends, I am planning on building a new pc.
- I will mainly use this pc for gaming (e.g. battlefield 1, witcher 3)
- I won't be using it for heavy multi core duties (e.g. editing, modeling, streaming)

I am deciding between a r5 1600 and an i5 7600k build.
I realize the 7600k will have better perormance when it comes to pure gaming, however I think the 1600 will last longer due to future games utilizing more cores. (battlefield 1 already uses like 80-95% of an i5 7600k cpu, at least in the benchmarks I've seen)

Ryzen build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R96HZ8
Intel build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kPdPd6

A list of pros and cons I've found so far.

Ryzen pros
- Cheaper
- Comes with a capable stock cooler which supports a 3.7Ghz OC
- Better performance in basically everything but gaming
- Possibly better performance when games start to use more cores.

Ryzen cons
- Very new, bugs?
- Slightly worse gaming performance

Intel pros
- Better gaming performance
- Very reliable

Intel cons
- More expensive
- Requires Z mobo's, which are also a bit more expensive
- Requires a good cooler, again more expensive
- Worse performance in everything but gaming
- In some benchmarks the lowest 1% of fps were much lower than those of the r5 1600, even though average fps was slightly higher

I plan on gaming in 1080p on a 144hz monitor on high settings for games such as the witcher 3 and low to med settings for fps games.

So please give me some feedback/advices, mainly on the i5/r5 debate but also on the other hardware I picked (GPU, PSU, MOBO and monitor)

Thanks.

Charr:
>Building a pc but not showing the case you're building it in

I'd personally go with intel, ryzen is too new for me.

3st Ranger X:
What the hell? Who buys Windows in 2K17 ???
Also, take 4x4 Ram instead of 2x8.
And i'd go with I5.

Lars:

--- Quote from: Charr on May 25, 2017, 02:59:25 pm --->Building a pc but not showing the case you're building it in

I'd personally go with intel, ryzen is too new for me.

--- End quote ---
Yeh haven't really looked into cases yet, especially since ordering on newegg adds like 60 euro's to the total shipping costs so I'll have look locally or on amazon.de. However I'll probably pick a pretty generic 50 euro case so it shouldn't have an impact on the performance of the 2 builds.

--- Quote from: 3st Ranger X on May 25, 2017, 03:06:38 pm ---What the hell? Who buys Windows in 2K17 ???
Also, take 4x4 Ram instead of 2x8.

--- End quote ---
I just listed it because it's the OS I'll be using, haven't decided how to get it yet.

Also, why 4x4 instead of 2x8?

Charr:

--- Quote from: Lars on May 25, 2017, 03:07:26 pm ---Yeh haven't really looked into cases yet, especially since ordering on newegg adds like 60 euro's to the total shipping costs so I'll have look locally or on amazon.de. However I'll probably pick a pretty generic 50 euro case so it shouldn't have an impact on the performance of the 2 builds.
--- End quote ---
Might be worth getting a case with dust filters. They're nice.

--- Quote from: Lars on May 25, 2017, 03:07:26 pm ---Also, why 4x4 instead of 2x8?

--- End quote ---
Is probably cheaper

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while liking
Liking...
Go to full version