The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: If you had $800 would you spend it to get a laptop or custom PC?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 12:19:30 pm »
If your goal is to get 60 fps in csgo you can buy both, and still get 300 fps on a pc.

you can literally build a pc that gets 300 fps in csgo, and then have enough to get a laptop that pulls csgo on 60.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:21:27 pm by Drugs »
The following users liked this post: Saif Nawaf

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 02:16:05 pm »
Alright, guys, everything you've said was perfect thank you, now forget about the pc stuff and I want you to suggest be some laptops.

Acer Predator Helios 300 <3
HP Omen
Asus GL553  <3
Sabre 15
MSI GE62
Dell 7567

tell me which one is better and if there is a laptop I didn't list just tell me thanks.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:38:10 am by Saif Nawaf »
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 05:31:55 pm »
Alright, guys, everything you've said was perfect thank you, now forget about the pc stuff and I want you to suggest be some laptops.

Acer Predator Helios 300 <3 [gonna recommend the others using this one as a reference point]
HP Omen [pretty much cheaper but worse. Less powerful processor and graphics card, less ram and smaller ssd size. Does have a 1tb hdd tho]
Asus GL553  <3 [bit more expensive, worse graphics card but you do get a 1tb hdd]
Sabre 15 [the asus gl553 hardware but more expensive]
MSI GE62 [don't buy this one. No ssd, worse graphics card]
Dell 7567 [compared to the omen it has a worse preocessor and better graphics card. Also bigger ssd but no 1tb hdd]

tell me which one is better and if there is a laptop I didn't list just tell me thanks.
I'd go with the Acer predator and buy an external hdd, or if you don't wan to do that i'd go with the asus gl553. If i had to choose between the cheaper ones i'd pick the dell and get a external hdd. Also the hp omen is refurbished (2nd hand)

Offline Ameer

• Liked: 630 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 05:52:03 pm »

Acer Predator Helios 300 <3 [gonna recommend the others using this one as a reference point]
HP Omen [pretty much cheaper but worse. Less powerful processor and graphics card, less ram and smaller ssd size. Does have a 1tb hdd tho]
Asus GL553  <3 [bit more expensive, worse graphics card but you do get a 1tb hdd]
Dell 7567 [compared to the omen it has a worse preocessor and better graphics card. Also bigger ssd but no 1tb hdd]

I'd go with the Acer predator and buy an external hdd, or if you don't wan to do that i'd go with the asus gl553. If i had to choose between the cheaper ones i'd pick the dell and get a external hdd. Also the hp omen is refurbished (2nd hand)

Acer Predator Helios 300 IMO is not the best option.

Heavy laptop ( well shouldn't be mentioned I know because all of em are heavy )
Runs Hot so easily when it comes to heavy using / gaming
Small battery

Actually I don't know what can be good to you from the list you wrote above.

800$ won't get you a decent laptop to game with, you have to spend at least another 300$ to get for example Sabre 15

Like I have a name of laptop in mind atm ( that a friend of mine been using for some time already ) Lenovo Y520 but its a bit expensive I guess
ASUS FX553VE is also decent
ASUS ROG STRIX GL753V

The laptops I've mentioned شقث over the badget you've mentioned before, however has a decent graphic card, GTX 1050ti, with 1t hdd and 128-256 SSD, USB Type c, i7-7700HQ

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 07:07:34 pm by Ameer »

Emps-World Player Moderator Since July 18, 2015
Emps-World Game Moderator Since September 22, 2015
Emps-World Player Administrator Since  October 29, 2015
Emps-World Game Administrator since few years

Emps world player since the day I resigned, dunno when.

Offline Lars

• Liked: 426 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 06:56:36 pm »

Acer Predator Helios 300 IMO is not the best option.

Heavy laptop ( well shouldn't be mentioned I know because all of em are heavy )
Runs Hot so easily when it comes to heavy using / gaming
Small battery

Actually I don't know what can be good to you from the list you wrote above.

800$ won't get you a decent laptop to game with, you have to spend at least another 300$ to get for example Sabre 15

Like I have a name of laptop in mind atm ( that a friend of mine been using for some time already ) Lenovo Y520 but its a bit expensive I guess
ASUS FX553VE is also decent
ASUS ROG STRIX GL753V

The laptops I've mentioned is over the badget you've mentioned before, however has a decent graphic card, GTX 1050ti, with 1t hdd and 128-256 SSD, USB Type c, i7-7700HQ
Well you don't buy a gaming laptop for it's battery size. The Lenovo and gl753v you mentioned have a 1050ti and 1050. Those are 4 and 2gb cards compared to the 6gb 1060. Also the Lenovo has no 1tb hdd and no i7 processor. Couldn't find much info on the fx553ve.

You should compare the lenovo to the other 2 cheaper laptops you've listed. The gl753 isn't worth it.

Offline Saif Nawaf

• Liked: 152 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 09:19:06 am »
So that makes the ASUS GL753VE most recommended.

17.3-Inch
GTX 1050ti (4gb)
i7-7700HQ
256GB SSD + 1TB
RGB Keyboard
Orange color matches my theme

thank you guys and especially Lars and Ameer for the help <3
"The strongest among you is the one who controls his anger."
Pages: 1 2