The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Evil Chicken

• Liked: 46 times
    • View Profile
Obsidian terror - death - random area
« on: January 03, 2019, 11:23:34 am »
I tried fighting the Obsidian dragon in the quest and I was outmatched, but when I died I appeared in this area:

It doesn't seem to have any working exits or entrances.

Reproducibility (pretty sure this is how you spell it):
Click on the stepping stones when you see a giant fireball flying your way before it kills you.
https://i.imgur.com/4es8QKS.mp4
Can't display imgur mp4 files. Bad quality mostly due to imgur compression.

Edit: possible explanation
After looking at the coordinates in the video, it seems like the stepping stones stop the map position from changing but it just goes from height 1 to height 0 due to the death?
Snapshots from the video:

Before death:

After death:

The change from 2074 5666 to 2074 5665 would be the character completing the last step in the stepping stones post-mortem (possibly overwriting the coordinate change to home location?) The height change is probably why it's in a weird area.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 11:52:09 am by Evil Chicken »

Offline Thomy

• Liked: 3258 times
    • View Profile
Re: Obsidian terror - death - random area
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 01:30:08 pm »
Many thanks for the very detailed bug report. I was able to find the issue quickly thanks to that!

There is indeed an issue with Agility (= stepping stones) code interfering with death code. What happened was your characters death going through properly and afterwards the Agility stone hop code kicking in and teleporting you back to where you were but on a different height since your death resets that.

In the next update all Agility related timers and teleports will be cancelled upon death. That should fix the issue and no longer cause such weird side effects.
The following users liked this post: Wg
Pages: 1