The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Martin

Re: PvP-Points
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 03:24:59 pm »
We have discussed it a little, i suggested something like you can get a point from one person once every 10 minutes or so.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:37:54 pm by Es Dexter »

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 03:26:37 pm »
Another reason for people to just randomly kill you in wildy even if you have no items and you're minding your own business..

No thanks.
The reason it's called wilderness, Kane.

To just kill people with no reason? Without gear? No honour at all.

Also people would just farm points for bragging rights.
Why don't you ask yourself why highscores exist then? I think there should be a highscore system for pkers so i support the idea to get that pk points system back.
Edit: there could be a mechanism that only rewards points for pvp kills that give loot, to prevent ppl from farming points/killing noobs

I suppose your right, I still believe the wilderness is lacking some honour though.

A system where you get less/more points depending on how many points the other person has would be nice.
There is no honour in the wilderniss it's all about killing people nothing else.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Gabol

• Liked: 10 times
  • +0/-0
  • Play hard Emps hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 05:45:22 pm »
ofcourse there is honour if a skilled pkers fight. its like  a real fight like spartans :D There is honour and killing normal people is art and honour

Offline Fate

• Liked: 859 times
  • +0/-0
  • You're the author, not the protagonist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 02:06:10 am »
Mary, the pk point system will only be effective if it is encumbered by severe restrictions, for any form of abuse would make it redundant.  The skill-level hiscores CANNOT be unfairly tampered with (except by botting, in which case you receive severe punishment), whereas PvP hiscores can easily be unfairly tampered with.  The difference between the two is enormous.  Sure, they both record progress, but that's where the similarities end.  A PvP system will always be open to being abused for points.

Ekke, please do not compare two scarcely related things.  If you insist to, then at least provide an effective argument to support it.

Yazan, the wilderness is a place for PvP to occur WITH RISK.  It is not a place made to kill people who are spectating fights.  Yes, you obviously can kill them, but no one does because there's no purpose.  If a PvP point system were to come into play, there's a strong chance that spectators will dwindle, which takes a great bit of fun out of pking.

Regarding your point of only receiving points when there is a loot, Mary, friends can easily abuse this.  Some people might even use this as a new way of legally scamming people/friends.

Regarding the point of spectators being killed, perhaps there could be a toggle that one can use (only can be toggled when OUTSIDE the wilderness) that sets your character to either being able to PvP in the wilderness or not -- maybe giving the player an icon to show this has been toggled on/off.

Offline M3an123

• Liked: 119 times
  • +0/-0
  • Adiós mis amigos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 04:34:26 am »
@ Chait, maybe your right in few points, but even when we had the PvP points, none used to kill spectators though. If they EVER will, then it will just add some points to their highscore not more. They won't receive a new nickname or be able to buy an item from a "store".

As far as I said, I wasn't with/against this system but I was telling Kane about the risk you take to enter wilderness. Even without PvP points, people still getting attacked (non-itemers)..!

Offline C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 05:26:12 am »
Nothing against the PvP points :)

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

Offline Freestuffyay

• Liked: 1267 times
  • +0/-0
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 07:11:35 am »
Mary, the pk point system will only be effective if it is encumbered by severe restrictions, for any form of abuse would make it redundant.  The skill-level hiscores CANNOT be unfairly tampered with (except by botting, in which case you receive severe punishment), whereas PvP hiscores can easily be unfairly tampered with.  The difference between the two is enormous.  Sure, they both record progress, but that's where the similarities end.  A PvP system will always be open to being abused for points.

Ekke, please do not compare two scarcely related things.  If you insist to, then at least provide an effective argument to support it.

Yazan, the wilderness is a place for PvP to occur WITH RISK.  It is not a place made to kill people who are spectating fights.  Yes, you obviously can kill them, but no one does because there's no purpose.  If a PvP point system were to come into play, there's a strong chance that spectators will dwindle, which takes a great bit of fun out of pking.

Regarding your point of only receiving points when there is a loot, Mary, friends can easily abuse this.  Some people might even use this as a new way of legally scamming people/friends.

Regarding the point of spectators being killed, perhaps there could be a toggle that one can use (only can be toggled when OUTSIDE the wilderness) that sets your character to either being able to PvP in the wilderness or not -- maybe giving the player an icon to show this has been toggled on/off.
I don't remember ever killing someone watching a fight just for the sake of PvP points.
And about the toggle on/off thing I completely disagree the wilderniss should be a dangerous place wether or not you have items on you there should NOT be a safe option like this.

the darkest nights make the brightest stars

#7 200M Magic
#13 200M Strength

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 09:50:51 am »
I am strongly for this suggestion. However, we have to consider people abusing this also when going to the Ghost Captain which is a perfect spot where 'TBers' and other Pkers get a decent loot for effortless work.
This Toggle should only be activated when someone is holding less than 3 items or no items at all.

Offline Rock Gyo

• Liked: 290 times
  • +0/-0
  • I love free items!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 09:38:10 pm »
They are not coming back.

Pages: 1 2