The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Phobic

• Liked: 6 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
Connection issue
« on: December 19, 2014, 03:37:30 pm »
Hello,

A few weeks ago I submitted a complaint about a rather annoying ''connection'' issue, which still hasn't been resolved at all. Hopefully this issue will be adressed now.

To give a brief explanation of the issue: the server keeps denying my request to join World 1 on whatever account, but does grant me complete access to World 2. This connection issue only seems to occur on my home network, meaning my IP-address must be blacklisted by the server (only W1). Recently I have been using a VPN to connect to World 1, or playing on my friends' network. Regardless, these resources are very limited and do not give me the freedom I deserve to have.

In my previous thread I have been told that my IP-address was automatically banned from the server due to too many connection attempts; this must have been a mistake made by the server otherwise I wouldn't be able to connect to World 2. Thomy mentioned that he has lifted this automatic, temporary ban and that this feature has been disabled, meaning I should be able to play again without having any problems. This is not the case however.

I am hoping to play Emps-World again without all the hassle, just as everyone else. So, if a High Admin could help me out, that'd be great. :)

Regards,
Phobic

Online Thomy

• Liked: 3328 times
  • +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Connection issue
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 04:36:48 pm »
At present you're able to successfully login to world 2?

EDIT: I've done some connection edits. Can you tell me if it works now with w1?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:08:02 pm by Thomy »

Offline Phobic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 10:03:56 pm »
At present you're able to successfully login to world 2?

EDIT: I've done some connection edits. Can you tell me if it works now with w1?

I am still unable to connect to w1. But yes, w2 works perfectly fine.

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 11:30:23 pm »
Can you open a java console and tell me what the client says when you try to connect to world 1? (https://www.java.com/en/download/help/javaconsole.xml)

Offline Phobic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 12:27:33 am »
The java console disappears when the client is loaded, so I'm not sure.

Anyhow, I am able to connect to w1 now - but it does take some time to load (slower than w2). Not sure if you can do something about this as well, but if you can, I would be very pleased.

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 10:40:21 am »

Anyhow, I am able to connect to w1 now - but it does take some time to load (slower than w2). Not sure if you can do something about this as well, but if you can, I would be very pleased.

That's the fallback method. It tries to connect to each world on 2 ways. :) I don't think we can speed it up but you're able to successfully login now?

Offline Phobic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 12:00:12 pm »

That's the fallback method. It tries to connect to each world on 2 ways. :) I don't think we can speed it up but you're able to successfully login now?

Yeah, logging in works fine now. Thanks. :)

It's just the connection speed that still draws my attention. Apparently the cutscenes which you get to see when you are at the login screen, determine when you are going to connect to the server. Basically, it only lets me through when a cutscene has finished and a new one is about to load.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:53:12 pm by Phobic »

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 07:49:08 pm »
I think that's just a coincidence? The map rendering and the login process aren't depending on eachother, they're running in parallel.

Offline Phobic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 11:09:26 pm »
I think that's just a coincidence? The map rendering and the login process aren't depending on eachother, they're running in parallel.

I don't think it's coincidence if it continuously connects after a new map has loaded. Normally you should connect within two seconds, but in this case, it's almost half a minute.

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 11:54:00 am »
That's weird. Can I get information on your CPU? How many cores do you have? Can you check on task manager how much CPU usage the loading screen is using?

Offline Phobic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 12:06:58 pm »
32-bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

Java's CPU usage is around 4,8-5,2% (32-bits)

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 12:56:56 pm »
Can't have anything to do with that then. You have more than enough resources to run everything in parallel with ease. I still don't think the connection attempt depends on the area that's loading. That connect code and area rendering code doesn't depend on eachother, it's literally impossible that they wait on eachother unless you force your application to run on 1 core. And even in that scenario it'd be unlikely to happen!

It must be a coincidence. :/

Anyway, connecting works fine. So we don't need to do any further investigations here?

Offline Phobic

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 04:19:16 pm »
Well, guess I'll just have to live with it then. Anyhow, thanks for helping me out with the connection between the worlds. Even though it did take a while, I'm glad you took the initiative to try and solve it. Greatly appreciated. :)

Online Thomy

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 04:24:49 pm »
Alright. Thanks for the great bug report. Made it easy for me to fix the issue. :)
Pages: 1