The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2

Offline Vaughn147523

• Liked: 242 times
  • +0/-0
  • Believe you can and you're halfway there.
    • View Profile
Newcomer Guide
« on: November 15, 2014, 04:23:50 pm »
This guide is intended to help newcomers. If, after you read the guide, you still have questions on what to do, please don't feel afraid to contact me in-game or via forum messaging.

Table of Contents
I. Registration
II. Gameplay
III. In-Game Commands
IV. In-Game Help

I. Registration:

First, you need to register an account to Emps-World. To do this, simply click here . Alternatively, you can go to our homepage found by clicking here, and click on the very last tab conveniently named 'Register'.

I. Username - Choose a username you wish to play with. If the username is already taken, it'll prompt you when clicking register.
II. E-Mail - Although optional, it is highly advised to register one. Make sure you use an E-Mail you know the password to so that in case something happens to your account, you can recover it with this E-Mail. Also registering an E-Mail automatically grants you access to our double experience/free membership weekends.
III. Password - This will be your password you use to log in with. It is unwise to use the same password as your E-Mail because if something ever happened to your account, and somebody new your password, they would know your E-Mail, too! Choose a password that only you can remember, and make sure it's unique!
IV. Password Again - Simply input your password again to complete registration.

Once you complete the registration, you are now able to play Emps-World.

II. Gameplay:

To play Emps-World, click here. You can also go to our homepage and manually click the 'play' tab. Choose either OpenGL or Classic game type, and the client should open. Now with the username and password you created, you can now log in.

When logging in, you should end up at Tutorial Island. Create your character via the Make-Over Mage, and then make your way to the Survival Expert. Hint arrows are placed on the mini-map for your convenience to guide you through. After going through the dialogue with the Survival Expert, either stay and learn how to do certain skills, or head north to Wizard Mizmog, to teleport you to the game.

Once you leave, you will end up in Barbarian Village, with a few beginner items in your inventory. This is just to start you off. East across the bridge, there are some Goblins to train on. It is suggested to train on these until you feel confident with your combat levels.

In-Game Tabs:

Combat Tab:

The combat tab shows the following:

• Wielded Weapon - Tells what weapon you are wielding.
  • Combat Level - What your combat level is based on your combat skills.
  • Attack Style - Hovering your mouse over each tells you which combat skill it trains. Certain Monsters have weaknesses according the attack style.
  • Auto-Retaliate - If on, any monster that attacks you, your player will attack back. If it is off, your player won't attack it on its own.

Skill Tab:

The skills tab is pretty self-explanatory. This shows your current level and your total level. Also, clicking on a skill gives a small guide, or level requirements for certain items. Currently, Construction, Hunter, Summoning, and Dungeoneering are not Emps-World Skills. The maximum level for any skill is 99 and the maximum experience in a skill is 200,000,000.

Quest Tab:

The Quest tab may seem self-explanatory, but there's much more than a list of available quests. It shows the following:

• Current World
  • Online Players in that world
  • Teleportation Method - Available teleports are Barbarian village, Falador, Al-Kharid (members only), and the Grand Exchange.
  • Status - This shows your current max hit with what you're wearing, states if you have an E-Mail Registered, and membership days left.

Inventory Tab:

The inventory tab shows whatever you may have in your inventory. This tab is self-explanatory.

Equipment Tab:

The equipment tab shows everything you're wielding, and a couple other options;

Equipment Stats:

- Shows your current weight from your equipment and inventory.
- Shows armour and weapon bonuses, as well as strength bonus.

Items Kept and Lost upon Death:

- This basically shows what you keep on death, and what you lose on death.

Prayer Tab:

The prayer tab shows all prayers, plus the ones you've unlocked. The ones you've unlocked are brighter. Hovering your mouse over the prayer tells you what level and what that prayer does.

Spellbook Tab:

The spellbook tab shows all spells in that spellbook. Similar to prayer, you can hover your mouse over the spell to see what level and what it does. You can change your spellbook to ancients in Draynor Village (North of the bank), and Lunar Spells are available in Al-Kharid, Straight North from the Al-Kharid Teleport.

Clan Chat Tab:

The Clan Chat Tab allows you to join a clan chat of your choice. If you'd like to create a clan, simply click on the 'help' tab next to the 'join clan' tab and it tells you how.

Friends List Tab:

This is where you can add the friends you make while adventuring! If you'd like to add a friend so that when you log back in, he'll be there, this is where you do it. Simply click 'add friend' and type in their name. You can also right-click in the chatbox if that user spoke in it and add them. You can also remove a friend here.

Ignore List Tab:

The ignore list is for people who you do not want personal messaging you, or that you don't want to see their messages in the chatbox. Here, do the same as if you were adding someone to your friends list.

Log-Out Tab:

Safely log out of Emps-World via this tab.

Settings Tab:

The settings tab has many features related to Emps-World;

- Adjusting Brightness
- Music Volume
- Sound Effect Volume
- Splitting Private Chat from above chatbox to in it
- Accept Aid (Tele-other spells)
- Toggling Run on or off
- Graphic Setting

Emotes Tab:

Feeling happy? Then use the 'jump for joy' emote! This is where you can show off your emotions in-game.

Music Tab:

Currently, this tab has no real feature that effects your gameplay.

Mini-Map:

The mini-map has many different features related to the game;

• A compass to show which direction you're going
  • Hitpoints: to show how much life you have left before dying.
  • Prayer Points
  • Run Energy
  • World Map: The globe in the lower right of this section shows all of Emps-World, and shows your current location.

Moreover, you can click anywhere on the mini-map, and your character will travel where you click.

III. In-Game Commands:

::resetme - This command resets your characters look. This command is usually used if your character is glitched (invisible).
::wedding - This teleports to Entrana, usually used to get away from players or for trades and such.
::fpson / ::fpsoff - Turns on or off your frames per second. This is shown in the top right corner of your client.
::devon / ::devoff - Shows many numerous things such as location and players nearby.
::wiki - Opens our official Wiki page.
::pricelist - Opens our official price list.
::facebook - Opens our official Facebook page.
::twitter - Opens our official Twitter page.
::forum - Opens our official Forum page.
::helpdesk - Opens our Helpdesk; This is where you can Report a user, Recover an account, Recover lost items, or appeal an in-game ban.
::account - Opens our homepage so you can log into your account and view many options (like change your password).

IV. In-Game Help:

Do you ever feel stuck in-game? Not sure what to do next? Have a question you don't know the answer to? There are several ways to have all of your in-game questions answered!

Our staff are very dedicated to their job and duties. If you have any questions, try to contact one that is in-game, and we'll be glad to help you the best we can. To find a list of staff members, click here.

Another great way to get answers is to join our official clan chat, named 'thomy'. Here, you can find players that may know the answer to your question, and answer it for you.

For further help, you may also post to our forums, and our friendly, active community will post to your topic and be glad to help.

Happy Gaming!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:55:42 pm by Vaughn147523 »
The following users liked this post: Ledomy10

Offline Chris

• Liked: 158 times
  • +0/-0
  • Supreme Leader of the First Order
    • View Profile
Re: Newcomer Guide
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 05:36:12 am »
Nicely done.

Give this guy his Golden Crown back.

I'm Xxskinney13x

Offline Vaughn147523

• Liked: 242 times
  • +0/-0
  • Believe you can and you're halfway there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 05:40:13 am »
Nicely done.

Give this guy his Golden Crown back.

Just a quick guide I created. A lot of information, I know. But as long as it gets the message across and explains what to do.

If there are any errors in it, let me know and I'll edit it. Some information I just remembered from Old Emps-Scape, so some of it might be old.

Offline C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 08:04:30 am »
Nice guide, Vaughn ;D

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 08:06:19 am »
Really impressive, Gabe.

Nicely done.

Offline Laundry

• Liked: 5 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 09:11:27 am »
Nice guide, bro!
More please?  ::)

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 10:43:08 am »
Very helpful guide, great job Gabe! :)

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Straw Hat

• Liked: 2 times
  • +0/-0
  • Fight Fire with Fire.....I mean with DFS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 04:06:57 pm »
I was really impressed.. Very clean,  straightforward  and organized.

Nicely done

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 05:59:24 pm »
Great guide dude.
RuneScape should have something like this ;p
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015

Offline Bubblebeam2

• Liked: 860 times
  • +0/-0
  • Aaron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 07:58:12 am »
You should make a list of players you can pm in-game for help.
Like you for instance.
Or me :)

Thomy [21|Sep 03:14 pm]:   :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Playing since 2008
Need help? Message me anytime!
Open bob and vegene plis

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 05:23:02 am »
Now make one for the forums :kappa:

noice job.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Offline Drugs

• Liked: 3660 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 04:34:16 pm »
Nice guide but kinda useless

Offline Ranged Lvl98

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 07:35:39 pm »
Well done mate , Great guide its helpful.

Emps-world player since 2009.

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 11:08:00 pm »
> I had no idea what 'tp to barb/fally' meant when my friend told me to do so when I had recently joined. Then he was like "It's in the quest bar" And i'm like, are you high? It's a QUEST BAR, NOT A TP BAR.

Then It hit me that this was an rsps.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Offline Fate

• Liked: 859 times
  • +0/-0
  • You're the author, not the protagonist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 11:10:27 pm »
> I had no idea what 'tp to barb/fally' meant when my friend told me to do so when I had recently joined. Then he was like "It's in the quest bar" And i'm like, are you high? It's a QUEST BAR, NOT A TP BAR.

Then It hit me that this was an rsps.

I agree: This is a very helpful guide, and it has and will help many players.  Emps has its own, unique aspects that seem common knowledge to us, but are unknown to newcomers.

Very well done, Gabe.
Pages: 1 2