The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
Helpdesk Basics Guide
« on: November 10, 2014, 06:56:28 pm »
Helpdesk

Helpdesk is a forum function that is used for many things: account recoveries, item recoveries, reporting users, game and shoutbox ban appeals and other cases that regular players cannot solve. It is very important that you know how to use the helpdesk, and the correct use of it will also make it significantly easier for the staff team to deal with your problems.

Helpdesk can be found between the Emps-World banner and the shoutbox.

After clicking 'Post New Ticket', a window asking details of your problem will appear.

The 'Ticket Subject' should be something that summarizes the contents of your ticket very briefly. Subject examples:
<player name> - ban appeal
<player name> - shoutbox ban appeal
<player name> - item/account recovery

If you are reporting another player, you should mention who you are reporting and which rule they broke in the subject.

Next you choose the department of the ticket. If you are appealing for a ban, choose ''Ban Appeals''. If you are reporting a player, choose ''Report A User''. Choosing the wrong department will most likely make the process of dealing with your ticket take longer.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU EXPLAIN EVERY SMALL DETAIL OF YOUR PROBLEM AS PRECISELY AS POSSIBLE! You can write all the details in the big text box after selecting the department. DO NOT LIE! The staff members are not stupid and will find out whether or not you are lying to them.

Picture/video proof is required when reporting players: video proof for botters and images for scammers and offensive language. Your proof must NOT be cropped and it must include the whole client. You can upload images using the attach button of the helpdesk. Alternatively, you can upload videos to YouTube.com and images to Imgur.com or Tinypic.com. You can also use images or videos to prove that an account/items belonged to you when trying to recover them. Images and videos can also be used to prove your innocence in ban appeals. However, NEVER assume that you were banned for nothing.

Checking out open tickets regularly is recommended, because staff members may require more information from you to solve the problem.

Tips:
  • Being angry won't help with anything. Even if your account got banned, you should try to be as calm and polite as possible
  • No means no. Do not create new tickets about the same problem if you have nothing new to show
  • DO NOT spam the shoutbox or create topics about your tickets. The staff members will check your ticket when they are done dealing with other tickets created before yours
  • Try to use as good English as possible. I think we all can agree that reading appeals similar to ''pls back my acc'' is far from being enjoyable
  • Confess what you've done. Denying makes things only worse.

Thanks for reading. Feedback appreciated! :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:03:47 pm by Someone12116 »

Offline Pk M E2

• +0/-0
  • First Swedish Maxed player Top 20 player
    • View Profile
Re: Helpdesk Basics Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 07:10:04 pm »
Great info! I'm sure this will help alot of players who receives their first ban or simply people who never used the helpdesk before. Great and simple guide.

Offline Chazz

• Liked: 586 times
  • +0/-0
  • f
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 09:30:01 pm »
This needs to be stickied god dammit. Too many posts in Gen discussion asking random bullshit whose only answer to is this.

Archive: http://pastebin.com/LTEXJMgE
IGN: Rican soul15

Offline Str Pvp14

• Liked: 38 times
  • +0/-0
  • No smirking
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 12:52:53 pm »
Too bad most of those who would need this guide don't know how to find it since they're not familiar with the forum.

I bet this would be helpful and if someone asks about the helpdesk, I'll be sure to direct them to this guide   ::)

Mary

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 01:02:24 pm »
::account too please ;)

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 02:13:30 pm »
Nice guide dude, good job.
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015

Offline Someone12116

• Liked: 3751 times
  • +0/-0
  • I drink and I know things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 04:19:26 pm »

Mary

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 06:57:08 pm »
::account too please ;)

???
ITS AN INGAME COMMAND that leads you to the account section of the homepage duh. The support button there links to the helpdesk.

Offline Knight Night

• Liked: 18 times
  • +0/-0
  • What are you looking at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 08:04:56 pm »
Nice, It could be helpful for some players.

Offline Ranged Lvl98

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 02:34:44 pm »
Nice guide It helpful..

Emps-world player since 2009.

Offline Joshiee

• Liked: 701 times
  • +0/-0
  • Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh