The world is currently online!

Welcome to Emps-World!

Register now to gain access to all of our forum features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, send private messages, manage your profile, chat with other players in the shoutbox and much more. Once you sign in, this message will disappear.

Pages: 1 2 3

Mary

Farming guide
« on: October 24, 2014, 10:06:38 am »
Farming

1 farming and you have no idea how to get a decent farm level? Fear no more, and read on, because this guide will be your savior! Scroll down to the experience tables if you know every tiny bit about farming already and just want to level.

Where?

There are a few specific farming locations in Emps. You can find them on the map below. These are located just north of Catherby (12 herb patches), south-east of Falador (8 herb patches), east of Catherby (tree patch), in the Varrock castle garden (tree patch), just west of the Lumbridge castle (tree patch), in Falador park (tree patch), just west of Rimmington (tree patch), and just north-east of Al Kharid (tree patch, members only).

To get to these patches quickly in your farming rotation, I advise you to have the following teleports: Teleport to camelot/camelot teletab or Teleport to Catherby (lunar, members only), Teleport to lumbridge/lumbridge teletab, Teleport to varrock/Varrock teletab (optional, you can also reach it pretty easily with the GE teleport then walking east) and Rimmington home teleport. You can find most of these teleports in the normal spellbook, or as drop by Wizards. I advise teletabs, they're the quickest and easiest.

Here is a map, including the farming spots and the yellow way to reach them from the teleport:

What?

In Emps-World you can plant herbs and trees. When you're still 1 Farming, you will need to start off with the Oak tree, that sprouts out of an Acorn (oak seeds don't exist). Almost all low-level monsters drop acorns, just fight some goblins to start off if you don't have any. Most monsters also drop the better tree seeds, like willow, maple, yew, magic and spirit seeds. Spirit seeds are generally only dropped by high level slayer monsters like Black demons.

Herb seeds are a bit trickier to obtain. Some monsters drop a few of these seeds, like the Lesser demon, but it's easier to get them by stealing from gardeners (low level seeds) and Master farmers (75 thieving). They give you all kinds of herb seeds.
You'll need two herb or plant seeds to plant in a patch, as Emps will give you two plants for each patch (yay, double harvests!). If you only have one, you can still plant it but it'll need the same amount of care and effort as the two you'd plant, and it will generally produce less when harvested.

How?

To start off at 1 Farming, you gotta plant an Acorn in a tree patch. First, you will need to buy a plantpot and a watering can from the Leprechaun, you can find this guy near almost any patch that's working in Emps (not in lumbridge/varrock). Fill the watering can (varrock fountain, falador waterpump) and use your oak seed on the plant pot. Then water it with your watering can, you will get a sapling that you will be able to plant.
Get a trowel from the leprechaun and use the sapling on the trowel while standing near a tree patch. You can also use the sapling on the 'mud patch' in the tree patch if you have a trowel in your inventory.
The sapling is now planted.

For herbs it's easier, get a seed dibber from the Leprechaun and use a herb or plant seed on a 'mud patch' in a herb patch, or use the seed dibber on a seed while standing near a herb patch.

Planting a tarromin seed by using it on the 'mud patch'.

What now?

You got to wait until the plants start to grow. This takes 5 minutes, both for herbs and trees. After 5 minutes, check your plant if it needs watering or raking. You can get a rake from the Leprechaun.
You get 525 Farming experience for watering a plant, and you get 520 Farming experience for raking a plant.
Wait another 5 minutes and check back on your plant again, and repeat this cycle until it is fully grown.

Watering and raking herbs.

Trees do not catch disease in Emps, you will be able to leave them for a day or so and just return farming when you want to.
Herbs and plants however, are prone to disease and will die if you do not take care of them for atleast 20 to 30 minutes. If the herbs die, they'll be useless and need to be cleared with a spade, not giving any Farming experience, to be able to plant anything again. If they're diseased, quickly water them to cure them, and nothing will be damaged.

When?

Every herb or plant needs about 5 cycles to be able to grow into a harvestable plant. This means growing a herb for harvesting will take you about a half hour time. Every herb plant will give you between 3 and 11 grimy herbs, usually the least when you only planted one seed, and the most if you planted 2 seeds in one patch.
For every herb you harvest, you gain harvesting XP (check the XP tables below). That means you will not get a standard amount of experience for every seed you plant, but that the experience gain is variable.

A tree will take much longer to grow, but it will give you much better experience, will not die, and will always give the same amount of experience when it is fully grown. The duration before it is fully grown depends on the kind of tree you are planting. An oak will grow much faster than a Spirit tree, which takes about 14 cycles (more than an hour time!). You will automatically receive the XP for a fully grown tree, even when you're not near it.
A fully grown tree can then be chopped down for logs (except for the spirit tree). Then use a spade near the tree patch or on the tree stump to remove it and plant a new sapling. If you leave the treestump there, it'll spawn a new tree eventually.

What about the rest?

Here you can find what trees, herbs and plants you can grow on which farming level, and how much experience they give. Be aware that taking care of them also gives you some experience, about 2000 extra for herbs, and 2600 to 7300 extra experience for trees. This extra xp applies for any herb and any tree.

Got 99?

Get a skillcape from the Leprechaun! (it's not sold in falador castle).

I hereby give my consent to the Emps-World staff team to modify my guide in case of obsolete and/or misguiding information.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:06:50 am by Mary »

Offline Greip

• Liked: 1 times
  • +0/-0
  • Waddup
    • View Profile
Re: Farming guide
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:16:01 am »
Looks like you are talking to little kids ;)

Waddup

Pm ingame for checks and muney

Offline Nosegrab

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
  • Nose nose everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 10:26:28 am »
Long but very well written and really helpful. 9.999/10 because of this "monsters (almost, then) drop". What does that even mean and no skillcape emote. :D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:46:55 am by Nosegrab »

Offline C4 Nerd

• Liked: 715 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 10:28:12 am »
Awesome guide! Could you center it? It'll look better :D

Thanks Bubblebeam2 and Shadowkei <3

Emps-World Moderator since December 9th, 2014

Emps-World Administrator since April 8th, 2015

Emps-World Game Administrator Since June 8th, 2015

Resigned October 17th, 2015

Mary

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 10:32:04 am »
Long but very well written and really helpful. 9.999/10 because no skillcape emote.
I tried to cover everything so yeah that makes long guides :P

Awesome guide! Could you center it? It'll look better :D
Nah, i hate centering, it's a noobish lay-out (no offense to all centered guies) :P
Plus doesn't look that good on long guides, short guides are better for it

Offline Blake

• Liked: 3 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 10:38:01 am »
Very nice guide Mary; keep up the good work

Might even motivate me to do some farming  8)

Mary

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 10:38:55 am »
Long but very well written and really helpful. 9.999/10 because of this "monsters (almost, then) drop". What does that even mean.
All monsters-> almost then. Not every monster drop seeds, but like 90% of them do ;) Thats what i meant by it

Very nice guide Mary; keep up the good work

Might even motivate me to do some farming  8)

Offline Esam121

• Liked: 761 times
  • +0/-0
  • Die with memories, not dreams. Ex-Moderator.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 10:42:57 am »
You forgot to add "Why?" (answer: to achieve 99 Farming)
Haha I'm kidding, nice guide Mary!

I may not be the best, but I'm definitely not like the rest.

Emps-World Moderator Since December 13th, 2014
Resigned from Staff-Team and Quit Since February 18, 2015
Sectional Moderator Since June 2nd, 2015
Not a sectional moderator anymore since a long time ago
:kappa:
Rejoined on December 24, 2015

Offline Ranged Lvl98

• Liked: 48 times
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 10:51:59 am »
Awsome guide mary , well done :)

Emps-world player since 2009.

Offline Nosegrab

• Liked: 9 times
  • +0/-0
  • Nose nose everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 10:52:29 am »
Long but very well written and really helpful. 9.999/10 because of this "monsters (almost, then) drop". What does that even mean.
All monsters-> almost then. Not every monster drop seeds, but like 90% of them do ;) Thats what i meant by it

Almost all monsters drop acorns .... would be better.

Mary

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 10:56:08 am »

Almost all monsters drop acorns .... would be better.
Will do :)

Offline Mad Str

• +0/-0
  • Does this really matters ??!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 11:35:09 am »
awesome it would be nice to add how many trees/herbs is need for next seed/herb 9/10

Obby mauler : GobbyF
if your enemy is alive you are still in danger...
Iam responsible on what i say not on what you understand.
if you need help i would be glad to help you ;)
signature made by: Pure Ranged1

Offline Pure Ranged1

• Liked: 208 times
  • +0/-0
  • Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 04:49:18 pm »
Nice guide Mary.
Now people will stop asking for Farming guides ^_^
Emps-World Moderator since February 02, 2015
Resigned May 21, 2015

Mary

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 09:15:06 pm »
awesome it would be nice to add how many trees/herbs is need for next seed/herb 9/10
That's impossible as every tree and especially herbs give a various amount of experience. :/

Nice guide Mary.
Now people will stop asking for Farming guides ^_^
Thanks, and yes that's why i made it XD

Offline Icedrags

• Liked: 793 times
  • +0/-0
  • I don't wanna wait now, But I know you gonna make
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 12:56:02 am »
*Mury spotted again*:3

well made guide :) 10/10
Doge Airlines
The Three Musketeers

Do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
Wish we could turn back time, to the good ol' days,
When our momma sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out.

Creative twant since november 22, 1995 :kappa:
Pages: 1 2 3